• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

Sorry east coast???????? That one eliminates much of the south too. Getting more ice n snow Wednesday in Arkansas.......grumble, grumble, grumble... freakin winter won't end.

Come on man. I rode a couple of days last week and rode both Monday and Tuesday this week. You only have a couple blocks to the office. LOL!

Come on man. I rode a couple of days last week and rode both Monday and Tuesday this week. You only have a couple blocks to the office. LOL!

After one snow I'm done with it and ready for warm weather. We are supposed to get snow, it last for a day, maybe 2 days, and then back into the 50s. Yeah I rode 2 days last week and Mon/Tues this week. Didn't ride at all 2 weeks ago. Went to LR Sunday. That was a cold wet ride. There is a reason I don't live up north. I'm a Sunny and 95F person.

I don't have a good follow-up tag, but our trees are about done flowering already.

Old Tag: Flowery Tree

Flowering_Tree.jpg

New Tag: "Land Yachts" open to interpretation

Land_Yacths.jpg

edit: Theres an old Lincoln and Boat in the background

Wow, this was great! Best of all I had another 100 foot journey to get this one, but alas the roads are still terrible with ice and sand, so luckily I did not have to travel far.

Old tag: Land Yacht

Bike-boat.jpg

New Tag; Any lit gas lamp post

Lamppost.jpg

Wow, this was great! Best of all I had another 100 foot journey to get this one, but alas the roads are still terrible with ice and sand, so luckily I did not have to travel far.

Old tag: Land Yacht

View attachment 23139

New Tag; Any lit gas lamp post

View attachment 23140

Two weeks and no takers. How about a new tag?
If weather still too bad to get out in your area, OK to use old pic for new tags.

hello all......*waves and smiles
did anyone miss me? I've made it back to the UK, collected the bike and been out for a few days here and there!
I thought id pop in just to see what you've all been up to. :)

I thought there was a rule that you had to actually get out and ride to get the tag? 100 feet doesn't seem fair

i can see I'm going to have to step in and rough it up a little....so??? where are we?
a lit gas (not actually gas tho eh?) lamp post is it? I'm not sure there will be any gas looking ones left they've likely all been replaced by LED to save the councils money but i shall try, i can promise this tho...it won't be lit...im not quite ready to face the dark as well as the cold and wet lol!

I thought there was a rule that you had to actually get out and ride to get the tag? 100 feet doesn't seem fair

We'll give QuinnSea a break on his boat tag. He didn't have the opportunity to go south to Portugal for the winter. ;)

What we need is a new tag since no one has found a gas lamp. Gas a bit more plentiful this side of the pond, so his may be real gas.

Old Tag gas lamp. This one used to be gas but was converted to electric and not lit in daytime. After two weeks Koolbikegirl is right that an electric one in daytime satisfies the tag. This is the Putnam County courthouse.

Koolbikegirl. I don't want to steel your idea so if you have one in next 24 hours this post is superseded by hers.

IMG_0103.jpg

For complete credentials here is the previous tag of land yachts, mostly small ones.
IMG_0105.jpg

And for a hat trick here is the one before the yacht of a flowering tree. Dogwoods blooming in the woods indicates spring around these parts.
IMG_0100.jpg

It was a good Sunday afternoon for a ride in Central Georgia. :)

Last edited:
I just returned home from a not so good tag adventure. I'm surprised no one could find a lit gas lamp, no one on the forum is from Cape May, New Orleans, Philadelphia or Boston area? Regardless, I will relent on the gas lamp post as I see KBG started a new thread. BTW the 100 foot ride was because of all the snow and ice we have had this year. Anyway, I'd like to share with you my adventure trying to get a new photo/tag today. We had an inch of the evil white stuff last night so I waited until this afternoon before I headed out for the roads to clear. My mission was to head to the RI Veterans cemetery for a new photo with the tag “Veteran”, but as I have learned no good deed goes unpunished... I hopped on the bike, inserted my Droid MAXX in the new RAM mount I installed and off I went. I’m heading down Interstate 95 performing a slalom run avoiding potholes but a semi deep pot hole patch got me, a good thud and my smart phone flew out of the holder onto the highway, I exited off and circled back only to find pieces. So now I have no faith in the RAM mount but on the positive side it is time for a smartphone upgrade, regardless it was great to get out on the road anyway!

Mike

Ram Mount
RamMount.jpg

Time for an upgrade, only 2 pieces found
Phonecase.jpg

And finally what the tag was supposed to be (this is from the website as I had no camera)
RIVetCem.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry about your phone. That Ram mount was supposed to be great. Would have been a great tag.

Rules are to get a new picture to claim a tag, but ok to use old picture for new tag. If you had a picture already it would have been ok to use.

Last edited:
So now I have no faith in the RAM mount but on the positive side it is time for a smartphone upgrade, regardless it was great to get out on the road anyway!

[/ATTACH]

I'm not trying to start a debate because plenty of people have that same mount but there have been several other people on this forum mention catching there phone as it flew out of the same mount you have. I bought the other RAM mount with fixed teeth on the sides and very tighly spring loaded claw on the top. There are nothing but pot holes on Arkansas roads right now and I've hit a couple hard enough I thought I damaged my wheel. Phone ain't going anywhere. If I had that mount I'd find a way to dummy cord my phone. Again, your not the first person to have this issue with that mount.

That is why I went with the zipper in close case for my GPS,just saying.

I use one of these zippy cases for my phone too i was proper worried about it flying off £500 for new phone, i know this because i sat on my galaxy note before i left Portugal smashed the screen, although phone still works.....repair or replace...mmm...
Much sympathy for QuinnSea : Would have been a great photo. im not very far from a similar place near Cambridge.
Fuzzy : impossible to get grain silo for miles around East Anglia im afraid, its veggies and flowers we grow round here.
To all : i was joking about going 100 feet for the tag, i was proper impressed you got out in the snow!
Today there was a mighty strong wind i was hanging on for dear life like one of dem cartoon bikers with legs adrift :)
Ive designed and ordered a new seat locally, i rode over to let him measure up and we looked at leather colours, he has a huge rep for great work and hes reasonable at £150 fitted so fingers crossed.

Sorry ive hi jacked the tag post, now....is the new tag a veterans cemetary? Looks like gales until the weekend AND ive injured my left shoulder getting the bike parked up behind the car, cant wait for new shed no more man (woman) handling the bike!
*big waves to all ;)

I know there are some silos scattered around about 50-70 miles or so, are silos the tag?

Nearest veteran's cemetery is about 15 miles, not sure if I can get the bike close enough for a picture.

Back