• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

Here are a couple pictures of the stream in front of the building. Not running now but you can see the water line. Bronze salmon , sea otters and ducks are all over.
9c84bff36531b975b5f393e1092e0ea4.jpg
9e31e6d8d3583e21e8d64289215daa66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUMP

10 days on this tag! Anybody?

Sorry I can't help. There's no art out in the boonies where I ride.

The previous tag can be anything that is NC inspired. If no one is able to post something I'll let anyone post anything they want. Didn't mean to stall the game out.

The previous tag can be anything that is NC inspired. If no one is able to post something I'll let anyone post anything they want. Didn't mean to stall the game out.

Your tag was awesome, don't even think about it being you to stall anything out!

I think a lot of peeps are still in semi-conscious winter doldrums hibernation, and things will perk up pretty quickly once it get warmer :D

I am twitching over here, refraining from hogging all the tags that show up, and being a greedy guts. No fun for others if one dude poaches them all, hee hee :eek:

Your tag was awesome, don't even think about it being you to stall anything out!

I think a lot of peeps are still in semi-conscious winter doldrums hibernation, and things will perk up pretty quickly once it get warmer :D

I am twitching over here, refraining from hogging all the tags that show up, and being a greedy guts. No fun for others if one dude poaches them all, hee hee :eek:

I say if the tag is a week old it is fine to poach. Go for it.

At 14 days old, I'm sadly declaring the old tag to be stale. I propose you can post a file photo to satisfy the "art" tag, or go out and ride and get the new tag which I took today.

An abandoned or repurposed old railway.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Posting more pics of the active tag to get things rolling! Come on! Same tag: abandoned or repurposed railroad.

100_9502.jpg
100_9501.jpg

Old Tag - Abandoned Railroad Track

This one came out of the CSX railroad yard in Camak, GA. Only recently paved over where it crosses the GA 80 and still has the railroad crossing signs up. Camak is a railroad town population 165. Railroad days was the first weekend in April. This track used to be part of a Y off the main line used to turn trains around. Train could pull into the top of the Y down the leg then reverse up the other side of the top of the Y and be on the main line in the opposite direction.
IMG_0175.jpg

Other direction towards south end of railroad yard.
IMG_0176.jpg

Last edited:
New tag - Small Dam.

Lots of these in this part of Georgia. I live on the fall line which prior to railroads was important as the furthest inland to move cargo by boat but closest to ocean to use water power for industry. Dams held back water to be diverted through a water wheel to operate a mill. Don't know any history on this one and it may be more modern dam.

View attachment 23871

Picture seems to have disappeared. I'll try again.
IMG_0179.jpg

Last edited:
Old Tag - Small Dam. This one is not quite a s small as Fuzzy's but, by our standards in the PNW, it's pretty small.
This one is in Tumwater, Wa on the Deschutes River just a mile or so from where it flows into Puget Sound. Of note is the fact that the building in the background is the old Olympia Beer brewery. For those old enough to remember, this is THE place where the phrase "It's the Water" was coined.
2015-05-06_17-57-25_152.jpg

New Tag - A piece of art that depicts the personality of the NC700x
2015-05-06_17-15-08_722.jpg

OH, WAIT !! THAT'S ALREADY BEEN DONE ! (but, yes, that's my bike, Skookum, sitting next to the same Tiger mural that was posted earlier in the thread)

OK - The REAL new Tag is - concrete or stone animals guarding the entrance to someone's property. This lion, along with a twin on the other side of the gate are guarding a private home in the Skookumchuck River Valley 30 minutes south of Olympia, WA.
Skookum Lion.jpg

Let's get this thread moving again.
>Thom
PS. The pic of the Lion was taken two days 'before' the pic of the Deschutes river and the tiger. That's why Skookum is wearing her new hardware in those two pics. Hope that doesn't violate the spirit of the game too seriously.

Last edited:
BTW... It took me about an hour of putzing around in downtown Olympia to find that darned Tiger. He is in a narrow alley and is practically invisible unless you actually ride into that alley. Not sure how in the heck YearRound found him in the first place.
>T

Old tag: Concrete bison are guarding this property (or maybe they're greeters?)

IMG_1027.jpg

New tag: An old school house, or a sign marking the site of a school from the past.

IMG_1003.jpg

Last edited:
Old tag: old schoolhouse
d0ccb5ac570bbd442ab50691f2b1cc2b.jpg

This is the schoolhouse that I went to for 4th and 5th grade. It was built in 1935. It was moved to this location after a family purchased it and trailered down the road about a mile and a half. That was about 20 years ago. But I tried to go even older. So here is the Delphi school with sign.
42538e38502f4080fd61cccb2310d925.jpg

New tag: sand box or horseshoe pit or beach!
aa469d1bda1a1048f0aa3f559d087d4f.jpg

Old tag: sand box or horseshoe pit or beach!

The Beach.jpg

New Tag: A Formation

Formation.jpg

[video=youtube;e3aRldzjjxY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3aRldzjjxY[/video]

Last edited:
Back