• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

how much might a complete paint job cost?

ChuteTheMall

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll buy a 2018 nc750x-dct IF, AND ONLY IF, Honda comes to their senses and imports it in BLACK, like a real motorcycle.
I'm afraid they might only offer in baby blue, like a girly scooter, or the tiresome silver or red.Europe gets it in black, so should we.

Suppose I buy an ugly color anyway, and pay to have it professionally painted black? What might be the price range, for basic, quality work?

Maybe a Honda dealer will knock down the price if I take an ugly color to be re-painted?;)

I was quoted about 400 dollars for a repaint in white if I did the disassembly and brought in the parts to be painted.

Honda’s favorite Play-It-Safe colors (in both the motorcycle and automotive world) are red, grey, or black. You can expect lots of tiresome grey (a.k.a. silver), but wait long enough and they’ll probably make the model in black. You needn’t worry much about real colors (like baby blue), since Honda plays it safe and rarely offers them. If a paint job is in order, it will probably run you $400-$450 or so if you do all panel removal and reinstallation yourself. I had my grey NC repainted to light green. My other grey one, I painted burnt orange myself, but you can expect to pay maybe $150 just for the good quality auto paints on a DIY job.

It’s my belief that gloss black is difficult to paint because it shows all the flaws. Be sure to use an experienced painter.

Last edited:
Diy

That is definitely something that can be a DIY project. My daughters are up at UF. One wanted her Genuine Buddy 50 painted school colors. I paid 850 for the scooter and did not want to invest a whole bunch more. It turned out pretty much perfect for 150 bucks in paint and putty. I already had a few paint guns. But the one I used to paint this scoot was only a 50.00 paint gun. A quart of primer, paint, and clear was way too much for this job. I have a pretty large garage and built a spray booth by hanging and sealing plastic floor to ceiling in one bay. Used a box fan and several furnace filters to exhaust overspray. Prep takes the most time at about eight hours. Modern paints and clears go on super quick and are totally forgiving. if you have a run, which i only had one, just sand it out and respray if it is indicated. Then you buff it out and you're done. I am telling you that this is super easy to do with prep being the most time consuming and most important step. I added the blue accents after this pic was taken. Oh yeah...you also MUST use a respirator. But I own that also. Just a thought. This was seafoam green before the paint.

20170729_160557 (002).jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.
I can see disassembly and reassembly would be expensive to delegate, so I'll have to consider doing that myself.
But I won't attempt my own painting, and since I want shiny gloss black, I'll look for quality pros.

Somebody tell Honda just to make it in black, like in Europe, like with the Rebel 500, and like with many cars.

Back