• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to buy a helmet?

If hearing the wind noise is really really important to you...
Then I'd suggest bringing a leaf blower to the shop...
Probably battery powered, don't want to run a gas engine in the shop, and they probably won't give you the courtesy of using an outlet since you are turning on a leaf blower in their store...

Expect to be asked to leave by the proprietors of the establishment.
Might want to have a body camera for the event, because it sounds like a great youtube video.

As for me, I put a madstad on the bike to keep the wind off me and the helmet, and ear plugs for longer rides at higher speeds or across open country where cross winds are more likely...

Not much help to you, but in Vienna, Austria we have a biker store, where they have a real motorcycle you can sit on and by turning the right handlebar grip you actually operate giant electric wind blower. It’s a simulator for trying out any helmet or piece of clothing you like. Very clever.

Last edited:
Afan-you could try to buy from an online store-such as cycle gear. Be careful with the helmet, keep all packaging, don't remove any labels, tags from helmet when received; go for a ride-doesn't work, return for $$ or exchange.

Not much help to you, but in Vienna, Austria we have a biker store, where they have a real motorcycle you can sit on and by turning the right handlebar grip you actually operate giant electric wind blower. It’s a simulator for trying out any helmet or piece of clothing you like. Very clever.

That is a really cool idea. I was actually thinking about something similar recently as I have been searching for a better fitting helmet, and I wondered, "what if there were a motorcycle shop where you could try on a helmet and stand in front of a giant fan or a wind tunnel to find out how it would feel at speed?" Looks like someone else already had the same idea.

I think there was more to the OP’s question than just noise.
In terms of fit, the most important thing is to figure out your head shape.
You do this by measuring.
Most people are intermediate oval, but not everyone.
Most helmets are intermediate oval, but not all.

Motorcycle Helmets 101

Last edited:
Back