• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to open Honda's Fusebox?

Rydinon

Reaction score
Visit site
I strongly suggest that everyone who owns a motocycle dig into their bike below the fairing. I'm talking about basic stuff here, like how to change light bulbs or open the fusebox. If you don't have a pointy pocket knife, getting past the trapdoor in the frunk could easily be very difficult. I will assume a '21's fusebox is the same as earlier years. If not, do some exploring.

I've got my '21 sitting in a relatively new, very clean, well lit garage with the side panels A and B off the right side (below the air panels) to install an auxiliary fuse box. Out of curiosity, I thought it would be a good idea to look inside the OEM fusebox. Dang! It was nearly impossible to get it open. If I had to do this on the side of the road, I'd have broken or torn the cover off, and been very upset later. I will restate, I had the plastic off around the frunk and super access to the battery and still found this difficult the first time.

The left side of the fusebox cover hooks on to the fusebox - the RIGHT side has a release latch. Think footman loop (picture below). With your strong LED flashlight, look down along the right side of the fusebox and poke a narrow blade screw driver inside this 'footman loop'. Gently pry outward with the handle of the screwdriver while you lift the cover with your other hand. You are pushing the latch inward toward the body of the fusebox. The cover will pivot around the left side and come entirely off.

Essential tools for your bike: Strong double A LED flashlight; narrow blade flat screwdriver.

This is the 'footman loop' you are looking for on the side of the fusebox. It is molded into the cover - there are no screw holes.
Screenshot 2024-06-07 at 5.38.14 PM.png

Back