• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to wash, polish, wax and beautify your machine?

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.nc700-forum.com
Hello all

We all have our dirty little secret formulae and liquids and waxes which we use to wash, clean, wax, polish, shine our machines.
What are some of these wonderful things you use?

These stuff work for me:
I do not earn any endorsement dollars from any products mentioned here.
I just use them.

1. Wash
Materials: S100 detergent
(they are famous for the wash, not sure if other products are good)
Link: S100 Welcome to S100 Cycle Care Products
Tool: Water hose or jetspray (but avoid radiator fins)

Method:
I will first wet the bike thoroughly with a hose before spraying some of this wonderful detergent all over the bike.
There is little or no scrabbing, just spray water to rinse off.
If there are stubborn insects or stains, then spray again, and gently emulsify that spot (using hand and circular motion), til it is loose.

2. Drying
Use a clean microfibre or special drying cloth to dry
Why? Remove water marks

3. Wax
Next apply a nice wax of your choice. I use Meguiar products for waxing, polishing and shining.
Believe me, they are THE BEST of THE BEST>
Link: Meguiar's : Car Care Products

The main products I use (because it is easy and it works):
- QuikWax (for spray on waxing)
- QuikDetailer (for returning the gleam inbetween real washes)
I don't use any other stuff here, coz they are way to NASA-spec for me.
:p

Steps: Spray on the misty wax
Rub in (not too hard) with slow circles
Leave to "harden" say 10-20minutes per area.
Buff off with the wax-off cloth or those balls of spaghetti confecti type you can buy in auto-supermarkets.

4. Polish and shine
You can also buy some wax pads and polish pads from Maguire, but sometimes I just use a new clean microfibre cloth to do the job.
Remember to leave the wax for a few minutes, preferably 1hour if possible, before you start to buff it all off.
Start slowly and in small circular motion. When cloth is "soiled", use another part. Idea is the clean off the excess wax, while leaving a tiny sheet of wax behind.

Any of these stuff can also be bought via amazon.com, etc.

I can see my teeth in the shine. Really.

5. Plastics
I will wash them plastic parts, and polish them. (works for signal lights and tail light assembly too)
If you want a quicker method, use ArmourAll spray.
Warning: this spray is NOT to be used on brake-pads, discs, or seat. They will shine but they will be icy-slippery.
ArmourAll brings back the life in "Dead" plastics (eg: sunbaked dashboard)

6. Tires
Use a supermarket tire-black-shine spray (spray only sparingly on the tire walls and not on tire footprint itself).
Clean off any excess. Leave to air dry.

7. Mirrors
ArmourAll the plastics.
Either use QuikDetailer, or use a piece of newspapers (yeah those blacktext-over-white papers which some people still read daily instead of internet), and rub over a washed mirror. It will shine like new.

8. Chrome (yeah we don't have much chrome on the NCX)
Use a cheap paste like AutoSol or similar.
Remember to wash steel first before polishing anything.
And steel should also be cold to the touch.
Can use newspapers to buff off too.

9. Tire rims and brakes
Jet off any brake dust.
Spray S100 all over the rims.
If there are stubborn stains, spray and leave for 30 minutes.
Then use a cloth and lots of water to slowly hand-wash the rims.
After cleaned and washed, you may even wax and polish them (but I don't. Waste of time to me).

Disclaimer:
Do the above at your own risk and use your own discretion.
Substitute unknown vegetables with those available in YOUR supermarket.

Have fun!

And remember to LIKE this post.
:D
~Joe

PS: Works for automobile beauty treatments too.

Last edited:
Hmm, we have one of these at our local car wash

img-page-motowash.jpg

Sprays it clean using water from reverse osmosis, so no water marks! :D It even waxes!

4 euros!

Happy,
I use pretty much the same stuff as you except for the S100. Personally I'm more a fan of Simple Green for the tough stuff and car wash for the rest. I also like Cycle Care products for polish,,but I don't know if it is available in Europe.
My big favorite is the Metra Blaster. They make 3 different versions that I know of and all work well. They are high speed air blowers with a heating element. I blow dry the bike with the Blaster and then wipe off any remaining drops with a micro fiber towel. The Blaster leaves so little water behind that a wash cloth size piece of micro fiber doesn't even have to be wrung out to finish off the drying.

Bob

For black plastic I use Maguire tire gel. It lasts longer than ArmourAll. The tire gel can streak after a rain when first applied but it goes away after a bath.
If you don't like the way ArmourAll attracts dust and can be a bit shiny (wet look) and sticky, dilute it 50/50 with water.

ShockDoc that is way cool! Is it just for motorcycles?

My favorite method is to find a college sorority that is having a car/bike wash.

I use IBIZ car wash liquid, their spray wash and shine and their wax. It came as a kit and worked great on my GSXR so I'm still using it. As for drying I pick up my big back pack leaf blower from the corner of the garage and about one minute later use a micro fiber to hit the odd spot...works great

I waxed mine with Star Bright marine polish (good stuff) after the first wash. Since then it doesn't take much to wash. I use Meguiars auto wash, rinse off the soap, use a toilet brush on the wheels (works great), dry it with a leaf blower then go over it with a micro fiber cloth. If I'm more ambitious, I'll spray some Armorall on all the black plastics and spray detailing wax on everything else. Armorall seems to work pretty good on lots of stuff, including clear plastic, if you buff it afterward.

I like to use Pledge furniture polish. It keeps black parts dark and shiny, and leaves a light coat to make removing bugs and gunk much easier.

Keep it away from the tires, seat, grips and brakes though:)

YMMV

Cyclerosis, dude you just scored big in my book. I never thought of using a toilet brush on the wheels, you just saved me a lot of work and back pain...score man, serious score!

I like to use Pledge furniture polish. It keeps black parts dark and shiny, and leaves a light coat to make removing bugs and gunk much easier.

Keep it away from the tires, seat, grips and brakes though:)

YMMV

Are you sure that is safe for plastics?

Mine got the car was for the first time on Monday. The first time, I used Lemon Pledge for a quick polish.

A product that I highly recommend is the Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish. It is not a water base and removes road grime like WD-40. Price is reasonable and goes a long way.

Art

A product that I highly recommend is the Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish. It is not a water base and removes road grime like WD-40. Price is reasonable and goes a long way.

Art

+1
Also Yamalube sells a similar product.

Back