• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How to wash, polish, wax and beautify your machine?

Happy,
I use pretty much the same stuff as you except for the S100. Personally I'm more a fan of Simple Green for the tough stuff and car wash for the rest. I also like Cycle Care products for polish,,but I don't know if it is available in Europe.
My big favorite is the Metra Blaster. They make 3 different versions that I know of and all work well. They are high speed air blowers with a heating element. I blow dry the bike with the Blaster and then wipe off any remaining drops with a micro fiber towel. The Blaster leaves so little water behind that a wash cloth size piece of micro fiber doesn't even have to be wrung out to finish off the drying.

Bob

Bob,

Can you honestly report that the Metro Blasters are worth what they cost? I looked them up and was amazed at the price. Not doubting becuz I have no experience with them. I just wasn't prepared for how proud they are of them. I don't wet-wash much anyway. I am a Honda spray cleaner guy on the bodywork and I am convinced that wheels, tires, and axles are happier with dirt on them. I clean wheels and brakes when I change tires. I know, I'm a slob.

Lee,
I tried the leaf blower approach a few times and all it seemed to do was move the water around. The Metra actually does a very good job of drying the bike. I think the difference is the Metra has a heater to warm the air. It also has a filter, so I don't have to worry about the air flow blasting dirt or abrasives. Anyhow, for paint and seats, I don't really even have to wipe it down. Windshields and rear view mirrors will still have some tiny but visible drops. I'll cop to being a bit OCD about my bikes, so I still wipe down all the surfaces with a small microfiber towel, but it only takes a quick pass with the towel and After the wipe down the towel is just barely damp.
I can tell you that in my case the Blaster saves me a lot of drying time. As to whether it is worth the price, it was in my case. A while back my wife was bugging me to do up a Christmas wish list list on Amazon, so I put a bunch of bike related stuff on the list and one of the items she gave me was the Metra. If I were buying it for myself, it would be a toss up.

Hope this helps,
Bob

It's a carryover from the air cooled finned jug days. Had to get in those fins somehow. And remember all those stinking spokes?

Spokes? Like on bicycles and really really old cars?? Just kidding.
That's a really good tip though... banking it for future use.

Last edited:
I am a little OCD, but I use Chemical Guys Extreme Body Wash & Synthetic Wax/Gloss Enhancer Shampoo from AutoGeek.net. A little goes a long way. I then use the electric leaf blower to dry off, because it gets the water out of every crack. Use the directional nozzle to direct the air and start from the top of the bike. Then I hit it with the micro fiber, and Collenite Fleet wax or the Collenite super double wax. I wax the wind shield and the lights too. I try to keep it off the black plastic...I use waterless car wash for that.
I usually use Maxima Chain Wax or Ble-Ray after a good cleaning of the chain with Simple Green.

Have fun!

I just bought a bottle of that Turtle Ice stuff and a set of microfiber cloth's. Works good, and looks good.

If Nana Chou got washed I'd ruin her reputation, that's what rain is for ain't it. I do ride in the rain. Besides that is why I bought a plastic motorcycle. No time for wash, just time for ride!

If Nana Chou got washed I'd ruin her reputation, that's what rain is for ain't it. I do ride in the rain. Besides that is why I bought a plastic motorcycle. No time for wash, just time for ride!

Ha, Ha....I can't help it. Same thing for my mountain bike, boat, and Jeep.....I can't help myself. Get them caked with mud, then spend 2 hours washing and shining.

I must admit I never ever use water to wash my bike... Just use a household cleaner like Mr Sheen which I even use to give the brake discs an occasional clean.

I agree with wozza, I used water and soap one time, on one of my bikes (800 Interceptor) and the water caused a misfire on one of the cylinders. Since then, I only wipe with some house cleaner/degreaser and use Plexus Cleaner on paint and plastic, it works magic...

I agree with wozza, I used water and soap one time, on one of my bikes (800 Interceptor) and the water caused a misfire on one of the cylinders. Since then, I only wipe with some house cleaner/degreaser and use Plexus Cleaner on paint and plastic, it works magic...

So I guess you never ride in rain if you can help it?
:p

Back