• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Howdy all,soon to be NC owner here.

Nortwestrider

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Alan and I'm from Seattle,WA.I thought it would be good to join up here BEFORE I buy my NCX and see what ( if any ) know issues it has.I didn't do this before I bought my 07 DL1000 and found out the hard way that it came NEW with issues,had I known this I might not have bought it.Anyway I will be asking a lot of questions and wondering around the site.

Welcome. No problems here 5600 miles and counting. Mpg hits right at where honda claims (64mph) but can be better the easier you ride. Only issue...not enough time in the day for riding!

I'm a newbie here myself with only a couple hundred miles on my bike.

The only issue I have with mine is that it's 20 degrees outside and I'm getting frost bite on my parts.

Here are my newbie thoughts -
1 - get used to shifting lower. You can get a LOT of juice out of this bike if you keep it shifting in the 3000-4500 range. If you try to push it, it doesn't work as well. If shifted right, the 0-60 is downright impressive.
2 - If you get the factory accessories, bear in mind there are a lot of modifications necessary to the bike to mount the accessories. Also, the little mounts and harnesses listed on the accessories site are all necessary.
3 - The pictures of the bike and the accessories don't do them justice. If you're worried about that - don't.

Enjoy the bike - it's truly awesome.
Cheers-
J.

I ride my DL like a grandpa,it never see's more than 5,000 rpm's.I plan on mounting alum panniers and maybe a trunk ( I have E36 sides and a E46 top on my DL ).

Welcome from SW Missouri! Some OEM chains were recalled. The chains with Japan on them were fine though.
Most other stuff is personal comfort. YMMV

You will probably be happy with the NC700x. Most of my riding is inner city and neighborhoods so I spend most of my time in the 2-3k range. The bike is perfectly happy in that low of a range. I usually shift by 2500. Its no slouch though. I have no fear pulling out onto a busy 4 lane and romping on it. As the others have said, no real issues. Mostly just customizing for personal comfort/taste/use.

Welcome to the forum! I have about 1200 miles on my DCT. No mechanical problems for me. It's a fun and easy bike to ride...especially for "grandpa" style riding!!!

I love mine! I'm at 2500 miles and use it ALMOST daily (winter issues right now). Chain recall...not enough money to accessorize...not enough time to ride...looking forward to getting through the next two months so I can have more ride time.

Welcome. Hopefully another rider in the PNW. It appears those from the south and southeast outnumber us so far. I haven't had any issues with my NC, except for not enough good weather to ride.

Back