• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Howdy from Austin, Texas

bobcatTX

Reaction score
Visit site
Just want to introduce myself, since in two weeks I'll be flying to New York to ride home a "new to me" 2012 NC700X. I've been riding for about 20 years and currently have a 2014 V-Strom 650 Adventure. I certainly don't NEED the NC700X, but this fly and ride opportunity came along at the right time, so that I can take care of some personal business on the east coast, and hopefully have an enjoyable ride at the same time. Will be taking an Airhawk cushion to make sure I can actually ride it all the way home. :)

I'm busy looking through the forum to learn as much as possible about the bike before I pick it up. Glad to be here!

Here's some pics from the current owner:

X1006001_zpsaoopqros-XL.jpg

X1006007_zpsnddr4gzy-XL.jpg

Welcome, and good luck with your new ride!

Many folks ask for comparisons between the Wee Strom and the NC700X. Many of us will welcome any comments you have regarding how the two compare.

Welcome, and good luck with your new ride!

Many folks ask for comparisons between the Wee Strom and the NC700X. Many of us will welcome any comments you have regarding how the two compare.

Thank you! I took a short test ride on an NC700X in 2013 when I was contemplating my next bike. At that time I had a 2005 Wee Strom, which I bought new in 2004. I certainly liked the NC, and the riding position seemed very similar to the Wee. But I decided to stay with Suzuki and got the new Wee in 2014. I plan to do a ride report of my trip, so I'm sure to have lots of thoughts then for a comparison.

Thank you all.

welcome from NY, where are you pickin it up in NY?

Oneonta, flying into Albany. From there will be riding to the Jersey Shore for a couple days. Then to the DC area. Then if the weather cooperates: Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherohala Skyway, and maybe the Dragon. Then towards home.

Oneonta is a great town, really good roads in the area. there's plenty o superslab up there, funneling you down towards NY metro, but if you want to stay off the slab and bond with your bike, I'd suggest a route like this:
out of Oneonta, NY28 down thru Margretville thru Big Indian to Kingston, turn south on NY32 thru New Paltz, down to Newburgh. Stop in Newburgh and see Motorcylopedia museum Motorcyclepedia Museum - Antique Motorcycles then out of Newburgh take US9w south to NY218 in Cornwall, 218 has an overlook 500 feet over the Hudson on a sheer cliff, looking over West Point, a very cool spot. continue south on 218 to West Point, see the Academy, great museum if you like military history. from there there are lots of options, I don't know if you like urban riding or not. if you would like more ideas, PM me, this is my backyard, let me know if you want to ride through and I may be able to catch up with you.

welcome from a former V-Strom owner as well........you are flying into a beautiful area of NY for sure. You will enjoy the ride south from there. When you get down to the southern Smokies make sure you ride over the Cherahola Skyway down into Telico which is only a few minutes from I-75 if you are steaming south at that point.
You will enjoy your new NC

Oneonta is a great town, really good roads in the area. there's plenty o superslab up there, funneling you down towards NY metro, but if you want to stay off the slab and bond with your bike, I'd suggest a route like this:
out of Oneonta, NY28 down thru Margretville thru Big Indian to Kingston, turn south on NY32 thru New Paltz, down to Newburgh. Stop in Newburgh and see Motorcylopedia museum Motorcyclepedia Museum - Antique Motorcycles then out of Newburgh take US9w south to NY218 in Cornwall, 218 has an overlook 500 feet over the Hudson on a sheer cliff, looking over West Point, a very cool spot. continue south on 218 to West Point, see the Academy, great museum if you like military history. from there there are lots of options, I don't know if you like urban riding or not. if you would like more ideas, PM me, this is my backyard, let me know if you want to ride through and I may be able to catch up with you.

Thank you for the suggestions. NY28 looks nice. This is the route I'd planned to avoid the urban areas as much as possible, do you have any thoughts on this? https://goo.gl/maps/uNDfhD5Mu6x

I replied to this yesterday but the post seems to be held awaiting moderator approval. I was hoping to avoid NYC, Newark, etc., as much as possible, and created a tentative route south from Oneonta to Hancock, then along the Delaware to Matamoras, PA, then continuing mostly south until heading east toward Rumson, NJ, to visit with friends. Any thoughts about this route?

welcome from a former V-Strom owner as well........you are flying into a beautiful area of NY for sure. You will enjoy the ride south from there. When you get down to the southern Smokies make sure you ride over the Cherahola Skyway down into Telico which is only a few minutes from I-75 if you are steaming south at that point. You will enjoy your new NC

Cherohala Skyway is one that I've wanted to do for a long time, so it is definitely on the route plan!

Back