• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Howdy! Newbie here...

CorEnFa

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there ladies and gents!
I'm a new NC700X rider as of this afternoon!

There are a few of you here that I recognize from ModernVespa - great to see you guys and to meet everyone else.

I came from a Piaggio MP3 400 which was my first bike since a Puegot scooter back in the late 80s. After Piaggio started dropping dealers lately, I decided that I should move to a bike that's more "bike" than maxi-scoot and one that would have world-wide dealer/service support.

My first shopping trip had me convinced I was going to buy a BMW R1200RT. Then I visited my local bike shop and my previous sales guy recommended I check out the NC700X. It was love at first sight! (The bike, not my sales guy...) After seeing it on Friday, I decided to talk my wife into getting it. Fast forward to today and the stars lined up - so it's mine.

I got the manual gear box with the side bags, top case, center stand, light bar, heated grips, and 12V outlet. Though the accessories are being delivered and installed next week. For now, she's naked.

Anyway - since this is my first manual gear box (other than the 250cc bike at the riders' safety course), I've got some practicing to do! Thankfully, it's going to take a break from winter tomorrow and be in the mid-60s. Yay!

Cheers all!
J.

Welcome from Texas.
I bought the DCT model and now I kinda wish I woulda went for the manual. That 2 grand difference, that I now don't have, could buy a LOT of accessories! :cool:

Hey there Bamamate!
I spent a lot of time in Conway growing up! I even met my wife there (on the campus of UCA). My brother still lives in Rogers and my mom lives right around the corner from you in Cabot.
Cheers to you my friend!
J.

The manual was fun when I test rode it. I went with the DCT/ABS version myself. I don't think either is a bad decision. Welcome from an hour or so south of you.

Welcome from Oregon. Shifting should not be a big problem, the NC shifts rather smoothly. Enjoy the new ride, especially as you get it all tricked out.

Good to meet a fellow Toad Suck. I’ve been here 14 years now. My youngest daughter is currently at UCA. Pretty good place to live though I’m headed back to Bama after my daughter finishes college. I want to be closer to the beach.

Hey there Frozenpoet! Another NoVA guy here.
Tew47 - already done. I wouldn't dream of riding without the BRC and regular refreshers.
Cheers all!
J.

Back