• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I give up -- New Shock ordered

So - done. Fairly straight forward. Did front fork springs, new front tire (PR4) and ohlins shock. A few missteps along the way requiring some disassembly and reassembly, but not too bad never having done it before (although my bro helped who basically knew what to do generally and we figured out the NC700).

Verdict - big, big improvement. What I notice most is wwwaaayyy better handling. I’m 6’ 240lbs and basically had little actual shock absorbing left on the stock setup. Feels like a new bike, seriously. Seems to drop into turns by just thinking about it. Potholes get absorbed by the forks without me “squinting” as I hit them.

I still think it’s ludicrous to have to spend 10%+ of the retail price of the bike to make the bike “fit” (and that’s just parts). But it has greatly improved the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing this. I think it is on my list of things to do. Every time I come here my slush fund gets smaller.

andreani fork kit

I haven't proved others nc700x, but for the streets conditions i usually get this fully setup-able andreani fork kit is right for me.

Last edited:
Back