• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I had to take a double look !!

jayceegee

Reaction score
Visit site
Bike is a 2014 NC 700x 6 speed manual, just over 6000 miles. Today I went to gas station, placed the bike on the center stand and filled it up to as full as full can get. Took it out for a ride, guessing 80% highway and 20% city. I shift into higher gears as soon as possible and cruise about 55 mph on highway. Coming back to the exact same gas station, same pump, placed bike on center stand and filled it up to as full as full can get. Findings = 110 miles and used 1.3 gallons for a 84.61 MPG. This is the best I have ever gotten, usually about 72 MPG.

The smaller the fill, the more affect random variations will have. Often when I get a surprisingly above-normal fill, the next is surprisingly below-normal, simply because the bike took a little less fuel on the first fill. With only 1.3gal, just a 0.2 gal variation (not sure whether this is likely) would explain the entire difference as 1.5gal would work out to ~73mpg.

My guess is in your case you had a bit of both: above average mileage and some variation in fill level.

The pattern I see is that longer I wait to fill, the better mpg I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good job on managing the fuel consumption, but as mentioned in post 2, a small sample such as 1.3 gallons means that minor variations in fill are significant, although you definitely tried your best to minimize them. 85 mpg is not terribly difficult to obtain, as I do it every now and again over a whole tank full. Congratulations, you now know how to unlock the mileage potential in this bike! If you lower the speed more, keep it constant, and eliminate the city riding, you may be able to hit 90 mpg.

Last edited:
Back