• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I Liking this ALOT!

This is exactly how Mother Honda wants you to feel. She is winning you over . . .

Can't . . fight . . it . . .

The only thing that can hold you back is money. And if there's plenty of that, well then, go for it.

I regret that I bought my NC new from a dealer, after seeing how many NCs quickly went on the used market for cheap. So, I'll hold off on the AT until the reviews are out and the newness gets old, and people start dumping them.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see the price in Canada... US price is a very fair price but exchange rate + other possible variable...
Ruggy, I talked to my dealer and he told me I can make a reservation for 250 $ and if the price is too high for me, I can cancel anyway...I was just curious about it, don't need this bike, still happy with the 700...in any case I think it is a hell of a bike...

I can't wait to see the price in Canada... US price is a very fair price but exchange rate + other possible variable...
Ruggy, I talked to my dealer and he told me I can make a reservation for 250 $ and if the price is too high for me, I can cancel anyway...I was just curious about it, don't need this bike, still happy with the 700...in any case I think it is a hell of a bike...

When did your dealer say it would be in? Take lots of pictures and I expect a full review. :D Hopefully the weathers good and you can test ride it.

So, I'll hold off on the AT until the reviews are out and the newness gets old, and people start dumping them.

You learn, Grasshopper. Let someone else take the depreciation, work out the bugs and deal with the recalls.
Then, when they sell, you jump!
My NC was used as was my Tenere. Couldn't be happier!

You learn, Grasshopper. Let someone else take the depreciation, work out the bugs and deal with the recalls.
Then, when they sell, you jump!
My NC was used as was my Tenere. Couldn't be happier!

There is nothing wrong with riding a used bike, we all do.

This bike was the first thing "New" I have bought myself (not the wife) in years. I always buy used. They can be paid off much faster that way. I like the idea of waiting a few months. My dealer was trying to get me to add my name to the waiting list the other day.

I usually buy used bikes for all the logical reasons. With the NC, I had been following its development for years and was ready to jump when it was released. The bucks you save are simply balanced against the desire to be an early adopter. With the Africa Twin, I won't be at the starting gate. I remain satisfied with the bikes that I have - at least and until the AT proves itself and becomes available with (hopefully spoked) tubeless 19/17 wheels. As gnarly as we all like to think that we are, and want to appear in the Starbucks parking lot, these things will spend 98+% of their time in situations where a 21" tube tire is not only not needed, it is a lower performing alternative to a 19" tubeless. The smart manufacturers offer them with both choices (the KTM R and the Triumph XC models as examples).

Last edited:
The only reason I can think of not to buy one is that for the same price you can get a used KTM 1190 Adventure, $4k more you can get one new.

It is a really nice looking bike, can't wait to take one on a test drive.

I'm hoping a front 19" cast wheel version appears at some point. No way do I ever want another wire spoke tubed tire bike and like Beemerphile said a 21" front wheel is a negative for me on a bike that will see 99% pavement use. I took my 700 occasionally on hard packed dirt and gravel roads as I do the Tiger but I'm over soft terrain off road riding. I like a lot of what I see in Honda's new AT offering but not enough to move beyond idle interest. I do hope it hits the right spot for many riders and it is a success for Honda.

I can't think of any valid reason to talk You out of it. I was looking closely at one at first, but I have talked myself out of it for now. After the hassle with my Triumph I vowed never to purchase a new model of motorcycle again in its first model year. However Honda is different as evidenced by the NC which was purchased at the same time and has been by comparison, trouble free. I think Honda have put a lot of thought and development into this bike. I think it will be a cracker.

My local Honda dealer was really wanting me to reserve the AT and I almost did it, but I managed to talk myself out of it!

If I had the financial means to own two bikes it would be the AT and the NC700X, but since I'm limited to a single bike I'm staying with the NC700X!

brian

When did your dealer say it would be in? Take lots of pictures and I expect a full review. :D Hopefully the weathers good and you can test ride it.
My dealer want to sell me the AT but I honestly don't need it...still happy with the NC. He told me (for what it worth) that the AT should be here april 2016.

If I move up I will got with a Concourse...........if it comes in a DCT!

Plus, I just got my NC.

And.......I think it has too many contrasting colors. Kinda like a punk-rapper-gothy valley girl with cowboy boots.

Personally I like the "punk-rapper-gothy valley girl with cowboy boots" look but the NCx will serve me well for a few more years.

I helped a friend unload his new BMW GS1200R out of his truck this weekend. My God that is one gorgeous bike. With luggage it came to $35,000 smackers. After we got it out of the truck he asked me if I would like to go for a ride on it. I told him not a chance, he hadn't even rode it yet. He didn't ever test drive it. His previous bike was a '13 GS1200 and he just knew this one would be right.

2014-BMW-R1200GS-Adventure-studio-02.jpg

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Well It's going to be Bigger, bulkier, and HEAVIER.. and of course more expensive. When your trying to pick that loaded bike up out of the mud you might not be so happy about having it over something smaller, lighter and less bulky.

This is moving from a mid sized (In my American used to big bikes opinion) bike, to the biggest size category. Getting lots more power... along with all the other stuff I mentioned above.

If you can have multiple bikes, you'd probably want one in the 250-400 range, one in the 500-800 range, and then one of these big honkin boys for when you don't care about weight in the 900-1700 range.. (yes I know there are no 1700 ADV bikes... but give them time they will come, people are crazy about bigger is better and will buy ridiculously large bikes if they make them!)

Back