• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I Need a Quick Answer Please.

Catbird

Reaction score
Visit site
I just received an email from my local Honda dealer alerting me that a new black 2014 N700X DCT arrived (in crate) and wanted to know if I was interested. I initially said "yes", but then I jumped on the computer to do some basic searches and found that a newer NC750X DCT model was available in some locations.

When I contacted the dealer today, I was told that the Honda distributor said it would/could be 4 years or more before they (the NC750X DCT) will be available in the US. I much prefer the 750, but don't want to lose my chance for this 700 if it's really going to be that long of a wait.

Is this correct?

1972 Honda CB350 twin - sold
1976 Honda GL1000 Goldwing - sold
1996 BMW R1100RTL - sold
2005 BMW R1200RT
2011 Vespa GT 300
2013 Royal Enfield C5 Military

Last edited:
Thank you... that was definitely a "quick" answer.

I wish there was a more definitive date available.

1972 Honda CB350 twin - sold
1976 Honda GL1000 Goldwing - sold
1996 BMW R1100RTL - sold
2005 BMW R1200RT
2011 Vespa GT 300
2013 Royal Enfield C5 Military

Last edited:
Thank you... that was definitely a "quick" answer.

I wish there was a more definitive date available.

Well if it's any consolation, there are a great many of us that love the heck out of our poxy old 700's...
:D

I'd honestly be hard pressed to do an even swap over 750 for 700, even if given the choice with no monetary fall out, and I sure am glad I've had the pleasure of riding my 700 for all this time in the mean while!

Last edited:
Take the 700 and run,or ride.you will love it.if not sure a test ride is always best first.

Just a couple of weeks ago I walked into a dealer and said I wanted an NC700X DCT and yes it's gotta be the dual clutch, and it's gotta be red. The dealer got on his computer and found one for me on the spot. It's a 2013 so it was even discounted.

I guess what I'm saying is, sure, get this bike if you want it. But don't let yourself feel pressured or rushed. Because this is not a hard bike to find, and if they sell this one to someone else, they can get another for you when you are ready. One of the reasons to pay the big bucks to buy new, is that you can think about it for as long as you like. It's not like going to see some used bike on craigslist that you might miss out on if you fail to decide quick enough. One new NC700X is the same as another new NC700X and there are more where this one came from.

You will not hear any confirmation from Honda as to when they will release models or where they will release new models. They are some of the tightest lipped folks on the planet. Only the NSA knows what they are up to and they aren't talkin' either.

Trust me, dealers have no clue either. They get their news just minutes before the general public. I've known about models arriving before my local Level 5 dealer did......at least before the salesmen knew. Like Bammamate said, it could be next year or five years from now. Look at Honda websites from around the world (particularly South Africa) and see what bikes they get and we don't. It doesn't make any sense to me or many others. Kinda like Australia not getting the NC700X but received the S model instead.

Who knows?
Mike

I bet you dollars to donuts you could bolt on a 750 cylinder and piston for less than the cost of the difference if you eventually decided to do so.

I have a 700 dct and no way would I be bothered to trade it in for a 750.
an extra 5hp isn't going to set the world a light that's for sure.
if it cheaper than previously then buy it .
I ride two up all the time me and my wife and I'm no light weight and I've never had a problem going up hills ,overtaking etc.
brilliant bike and I'm very happy with mine.

Look at the Crosstourer and Crossrunner. Honda has had those models in Europe for a few years but has the US got them? NOPE. The dealers want them too. If your waiting for the 750 it could be a long wait. JMHO

I bet you dollars to donuts you could bolt on a 750 cylinder and piston for less than the cost of the difference if you eventually decided to do so.

Actually, you would probably lose that bet. The difference in the 750 engine to the 700 engine is more the size of the piston. The piston and cylinders are a different size and shape, the cylinders probably wouldn't fit in the engine bore.
I wouldn't wait to see if the 750 is coming next year or in 4-5 years. The 700 has 51bhp and the 750 has 54bhp. You may get a slight quicker start and a slight higher top end... but would most riders be able to actually notice the difference of 3 bhp-yes some would but most......

You guys bring up some excellent points and things to consider.

Someone mentioned "a test ride" from the dealer. Even though I'm an old guy (66 yrs.) with 4 decades of riding experience, they refuse all test ride requests unless you first sign a contract and blah, blah, blah.

Also, I have read that the gearing (DCT shift points?) between the 700 and 750 has been improved.

The dealer is planning on me dropping by later today to "look" and "talk" bikes, however not being able to take a test ride keeps me on the fence about a purchase.

Perhaps "bolt on a 750 cylinder" is more just a figure of speech, but the NC engine's cylinder is cast as part of the entire upper half engine case. Yes, it does "bolt on" but it's a large portion of the engine.

You guys bring up some excellent points and things to consider.

Someone mentioned "a test ride" from the dealer. Even though I'm an old guy (66 yrs.) with 4 decades of riding experience, they refuse all test ride requests unless you first sign a contract and blah, blah, blah.

Also, I have read that the gearing (DCT shift points?) between the 700 and 750 has been improved.

The dealer is planning on me dropping by later today to "look" and "talk" bikes, however not being able to take a test ride keeps me on the fence about a purchase.
Too bad the dealership in Winchester, VA closed. I did a test ride there then bought from them on a fly and ride. Gave my business to the dealer 650 miles away that let me do a test ride.

Too bad the dealership in Winchester, VA closed. I did a test ride there then bought from them on a fly and ride. Gave my business to the dealer 650 miles away that let me do a test ride.

I looked at two different NCs at two different dealers, a 2013 in red, and my 2012 in gray.

When I was looking at the 2013 the sales rep showed up, and we asked about a test ride, they said "sure we can get you set up with that if you are serious about buying." then they walked away, and never came back, I think test rides weren't forbidden, just discouraged, and he didn't want to do the paperwork for one. That dealer is closed now.

The other dealer told me point blank they don't do test rides, but then went on to explain their return policy and offered that return period as basically an extended test drive.

I'd be surprised if Honda kept making both models simultaneously for several years. Probably the 700 will disappear once existing parts are used up, and Honda is zipping their lip about it so as not to Osborne the 700 while they've still got stock to clear.

Last edited:
Maybe Honda Corp. is waiting until all of the 2012, 2013, 2014 models are sold off before they introduce the 750 here. The one and only Honda dealer in northern Vermont, Land-Air Vermont, Can-Am, Ski-Doo, Sea-Doo, Honda, and KTM. LAND AIR ESSEX JUNCTION, VT (802) 878-5052, has NC700X & NC700XD models from 2012, 2013 and 2014 listed on their website as still in stock. The lowest list price is for the 2013 models. One thought I had was of waiting until the 750 was introduced and buying a used 700 from an owner anxious to trade up.

I think the reason we're not getting the 750 is because of all the testing that has to be done to be approved by the EPA and CARB, since any changes to the engine requires it to be re-certified. Why there can't be just one world-wide standard is beyond me, it's just bureaucratic nonsense.

Back