• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I need to stop, back away and get professional help...

PortlandZinMan

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was sitting at work with a bit of time to kill before my next meeting. I got to thinking, after ordering the Yoshimura R77 Street Slip-On for my bike, that I have dropped quite a few dollars on aftermarket accessories and riding gear.

(Do not do what I just did!! Trust me - you do NOT want to know)

So, I fired up a spreadsheet, listed all the items I have purchased this Winter (the bike was purchased in November, 2016) and then listed the price I paid for each item.

I found out that I spent more money on these items than I did for the bike... That surprised me... A lot!

I am officially done with the gear, mods and farkles for at least the rest of the year. Promise!

(fingers crossed behind my back)

Last edited:
...So, I fired up a spreadsheet, listed all the items I have purchased this Winter (the bike was purchased in November, 2016) and then listed the price I paid for each item...

Would you consider sharing your spreadsheet with us? Seeing what other NC owners have done with their bikes can be helpful in preparing our farkle budgets.

I was sitting at work with a bit of time to kill before my next meeting. I got to thinking, after ordering the Yoshimura R77 Street Slip-On for my bike, that I have dropped quite a few dollars on aftermarket accessories and riding gear.

(Do not do what I just did!! Trust me - you do NOT want to know)

So, I fired up a spreadsheet, listed all the items I have purchased this Winter (the bike was purchased in November, 2016) and then listed the price I paid for each item.

I found out that I spent more money on these items than I did for the bike... That surprised me... A lot!

I am officially done with the gear, mods and farkles for at least the rest of the year. Promise!

(fingers crossed behind my back)

You did a great job on purchasing a bike with such good value for money!! ;) See you just have to look at it glass-half-full point of view!

I'm cutting myself off when I hit $1500 on farkles. The gear on the other hand I can always justify to the wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't enjoy installing stuff that much these days so it keeps me prioritized on what I actually will get the best benefit from, and keeps the budget in check.

I did this early in 2016. Ugh. Certainly turned my "bargain" buy into a BMW level value. I destroyed the sheet, and considered drilling out my hard drive [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, now is the time to sell the farkles you didn't like as much as you thought you would, to replenish your farkles budget....
If you don't regret any of them, then there's no problem.

Well, now is the time to sell the farkles you didn't like as much as you thought you would, to replenish your farkles budget....
If you don't regret any of them, then there's no problem.

Done and done - had buys and sells with several windscreens and seats before landing on my final decisions (Madstad/x-creen) and Corbin.

Don

Seats arrived today, then the Yoshimura R77 Street Slip-On arrives tomorrow and then, I swear, no more farkles!!

Oil, filters, chains, sprockets, break pads and the like are not farkles...right?

my wife and I set a budget right from the get go... $1K a year on farkles, excepting safety gear...

Now it's become a matter of categorization...
I mean the Madstad made my ride quieter, and hearing protection is safety gear...
Reflective tape is safety gear...
And the luggage holds a tire repair kit and 12v compressor... and that is safety gear of a sort... and It's safer to have my bag in the luggage instead of a backpack...
If I get cold I start to shake, and eventually I could freeze and die, so heated gear is for safety...
Bike falling over isn't safe so the duck foot is safety gear...

When all is said and done I've arguable never even come close to my budget after we except safety gear. :)

my wife and I set a budget right from the get go... $1K a year on farkles, excepting safety gear...

Now it's become a matter of categorization...
I mean the Madstad made my ride quieter, and hearing protection is safety gear...
Reflective tape is safety gear...
And the luggage holds a tire repair kit and 12v compressor... and that is safety gear of a sort... and It's safer to have my bag in the luggage instead of a backpack...
If I get cold I start to shake, and eventually I could freeze and die, so heated gear is for safety...
Bike falling over isn't safe so the duck foot is safety gear...

When all is said and done I've arguable never even come close to my budget after we except safety gear. :)

I could run with this!!!

Back