• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

If This Is The Direction Of Honda.....

Mother of God! Honda just refuses to let go of the DN-01!

Why in the name of all that is holy, do they have such a hard on for this particular style/look? Seriously? Did some kind of mind altering parasite invade Corporate, and it needs to have that horrific theme to continue, or it will die?

April fools isn't for another 11 days!

And the fact that is now associated with the NC range, is just more than I can bear :mad: :(

Last edited:
That will certainly end up on U.S. soil. They won't give us the Crosstourer but for sure we will get this piece of crap....and the dealers will cringe. My local dealer called the DN-O1 "do not order one". They final sold the only one they had for $6500 after it sat in the showroom for two years.

Super Tenere is looking better all of the time.
Mike

From the article: "The rider's backrest is also the pillion seat, which flips upright when not in use. Honda is calling it a 'how come this hasn't been done before moment'."

Ummm. This has been done before. Honda themselves did it on the Big Ruckus about 10 years ago. Did all those Big Ruckus engineers and marketing folks retire, and the newbies think they invented it? Idiot marketing mumbo jumbo.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Actually I don't mind it though it's a bit difficult to say properly without seeing one in the flesh so to speak. The main thing is with the European and USA customer is that we are slow to change what we think is a proper motorcycle. Hence I suppose the likes of Harley Davidson do very well, but Honda aren't really aiming this bike at us. This is aimed at new emerging markets in Asia who may love this type of bike. Don't forget, in reality Europe and the USA are increasingly losing there importance for motorcycles as sales continue to decline.

Last edited:
One step closer to Kaneda's bike. I actually really like it...

...I'll show myself out.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here -

I'm just glad Honda's putting out new ideas.

Styling - I remember watching Akira as a kid and thinking that Kaneda's bike was the coolest thing imaginable. I look at this one and with some changes to the fairings and a different paint scheme, I see that bike! I'm ok with this.

Engineering - Not much of the basic layout of motorcycles has changed since the days of crazy dudes sticking engines into bicycle frames. I think the mechanical layout of the NC series is brilliant, possibly innovative, however I don't know enough about production motorcycle history and development to have a fully informed opinion. Seeing Honda engineers explore the possibilities that this drivetrain offers is kinda cool.

One step closer to Kaneda's bike. I actually really like it...

...I'll show myself out.

As an owner of the original Video tape version Akira, the lousy diddled plot and new voice dubbed first gen DVD transfer, and finally the new Blu Ray/DVD "proper" refresh, I take umbrage with that! lol lol :D

They muffed it with the NC engine being used. Now if it was a CBR engine, maaaaaby. ;)

Got to give Honda the balls to come up with this. It makes fantastic production sense to base an amazing 5th variant on the NC engine and chassis. The NC's efficient engine will ease Honda's challenge of meeting ever stricter emission and decibel requirements on its line up. This odd looking variant like the DN challenges bikers to rethink motorbikes. Notice the laid back seating style is almost alike resting in a car seat. I believe Honda's design aim for the mass market is to make bike riding as comfortable and forgiving as can be. Notice NC's already quiet and smooth revving nature? Now throw in a comfy seat with back rest! And huge foot pads! Add auto! I won't be surprised the next variant will come with a roof.

Got to give Honda the balls to come up with this. It makes fantastic production sense to base an amazing 5th variant on the NC engine and chassis. The NC's efficient engine will ease Honda's challenge of meeting ever stricter emission and decibel requirements on its line up. This odd looking variant like the DN challenges bikers to rethink motorbikes. Notice the laid back seating style is almost alike resting in a car seat. I believe Honda's design aim for the mass market is to make bike riding as comfortable and forgiving as can be. Notice NC's already quiet and smooth revving nature? Now throw in a comfy seat with back rest! And huge foot pads! Add auto! I won't be surprised the next variant will come with a roof.

And then a third wheel! Followed by a fourth! Then a renaming to: "Civic"

ROTFLOL :D:D

I would quit riding if this was all that was offered. :eek:

BTW, Welcome to the Forum, swissbake! Don't take any of my reply as directed at you, heehee, it's all in fun ;)

Don't forget what the name NC represents... New Concept! Existing NC owners like you and I are already part of the Honda bike revolution ! Maybe DN means Design New, and NM4 means New Model 4, as in integra, NCX/S, CTX and NM4, for lack of a better name :)

And then a third wheel! Followed by a fourth! Then a renaming to: "Civic"

ROTFLOL :D:D

I would quit riding if this was all that was offered. :eek:

BTW, Welcome to the Forum, swissbake! Don't take any of my reply as directed at you, heehee, it's all in fun ;)

Haha LBS you got that right! :)

If you American guys don't like it, go figure what the coments are here at Europe :rolleyes:

I actually like it - it's different, futuristic and would definitely turn a few heads.

The downsides - I can imagine the buffeting from all that air swept upwards from the chiselled front - it must way a ton (actually just checked the specs - 245kg kerb) - it looks like it does NOT have the "frunk"!

Apparently the colours on the dash are reactive, and change, according to your driving mode - how can you resist that - possibly distracting when the instruments suddenly change from slime green to bright pink at night?

I might buy one in 2 years time when they have unsold stock and need to get rid of and if it's really, really discounted.

I'm sure there is a market of at least 5-6 people around the world for this bike.
However if my backseat flipped up and formed a backrest that would be very cool. To the shop

Gigs

It needs its wheels restyled to something like this

41oaBSoSp9L._SX300_.jpg

to better suit the urban-cowboy concept lifestyle I see behind it
who most probably also owns something like that

hummer-h3-gets-woode-1_600x0w.jpg

Maybe also add some accompanying leather saddlebags for this gracious black steed.

Back