• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I'm Finally In the Club

mwcogburn

Reaction score
Visit site
I joined the forum 13 months ago and have lived vicariously through all of you while waiting for my health to improve. The wait is almost over now. I bought a new silver 2013 still in the crate today. I will be picking it up later this week.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Putting up with you? Au contraire, you've been a great asset to the forum!

Congrats on the bike purchase!

Hoping we can have an Arkansas get together soon, so I can meet all of you down that way.

Always great when you get a new bike! Even better when you get a bill of good health so you can ride! Congratulations on the both counts!

Shreveport is only about 70 miles away! I'd come up and meet you but have metal showing on my back tire. I'm gettin new Conti-motions on tomorrow (if they come in today).

ENJOY!

Now I need advice please. I have only ridden 350 miles in the 3 days I have had the bike. I don't think my rear can take much more. I don't even want to get on it tomorrow to go to work. I am not sliding forward, instead my rear hurts on two places where I contact the seat. Is this what is called "hot spots" or something else? The skin hurts but it goes much deeper than that.

Prior to this bike I owned a Honda Shadow 600 and a Honda GL1100. I didn't have this problem with either of these bikes. I've asked myself what has changed other than the bike. This is what I have come up with so far:

1. I am wearing underwear made with a thicker looser weave fabric with more texture (think Polo shirt instead of bed sheet). I am not sitting on any seams.
2. The seat fabric is more textured
3. I lost a lot of muscle in my illness and am still building it back but I have some cushion back there.
4. I deal with a lot of leg pain. Perhaps this is an extension of that.

So what to do? I would like to try easy solutions first. The options I am considering are:

1. Get new underwear
2. Seat slope mod. I'm not sliding forward but would it possibly help this.
3. Sheep skin
4. Beads
5. Other seat pad
6. New seat

What do you think is the simplest solution to my problem?

I've thought about this many times. I switch over from sport bikes which many consider having an uncomfortable riding position to the NCX which kills my butt. I was comfortable on sport bikes but probably because that is all I rode for over 20 years. I've come to the idea that the reason the NCX bothers me so much is all my weight is center directly on my butt. I'm not lying forward resting on the tank. Some cruisers you’re leaning back a bit too but the NCX I'm straight up and down which focuses all my weight on both cheeks. I like the riding position of the NCX but after a couple hours I'm ready to get off.

If it were me I'd just jump straight to a replacement seat. You can try the lesser costing ideas but if they don't fix the issue you'll probably end up with a new seat in the end and waste money on the other items. I won't give advice on what seat to choose primarily because mine isn't much better than the stock for the $350 I spent.

Back