• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I'm Finally In the Club

I bought a new silver 2013 still in the crate today. I will be picking it up later this week.

CONGRATS on your latest acquisition!!! Greetings from SoCal...

Inquiring minds would like to know "What took you so long to decide to get the bike?" Also, "When the Farkling will begin?"

Say "Hello" to NaNCy in the meantime...

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 45
CONGRATS on your latest acquisition!!! Greetings from SoCal...

Inquiring minds would like to know "What took you so long to decide to get the bike?" Also, "When the Farkling will begin?"

Say "Hello" to NaNCy in the meantime...
What took so long was undiagnosed lyme disease that almost killed me. I have been on antibiotics over a year and am just now getting back to living.

I already got the center stand and Hondaline light bar. I'm going to ride a while to see what I really need to add next.

What took so long was undiagnosed lyme disease that almost killed me. I have been on antibiotics over a year and am just now getting back to living.

I already got the center stand and Hondaline light bar. I'm going to ride a while to see what I really need to add next.

Good to hear that you are back in shape to ride again. By any chance was the illness cuased by Deer Ticks?

You're off to a good start on the "Frakle". A bit on the light side though.

I would not feel bad if you stold a few idea from seeing those pics of NaNCy. Let me know if you need some more guidance with selecting any items for your new bike. You may want to also check out one of my threads on this forum Building a NC700X into a Commuter.

Also another burning question on everyone's mind on here. Is your bike a Manual or DCT? Inquiring minds would like to know. :confused:

Good to hear that you are back in shape to ride again. By any chance was the illness cuased by Deer Ticks?

You're off to a good start on the "Frakle". A bit on the light side though.

I would not feel bad if you stold a few idea from seeing those pics of NaNCy. Let me know if you need some more guidance with selecting any items for your new bike. You may want to also check out one of my threads on this forum Building a NC700X into a Commuter.

Also another burning question on everyone's mind on here. Is your bike a Manual or DCT? Inquiring minds would like to know. :confused:
Manual, it is

Now I need advice please. I have only ridden 350 miles in the 3 days I have had the bike. I don't think my rear can take much more. I don't even want to get on it tomorrow to go to work. I am not sliding forward, instead my rear hurts on two places where I contact the seat. Is this what is called "hot spots" or something else? The skin hurts but it goes much deeper than that.

Prior to this bike I owned a Honda Shadow 600 and a Honda GL1100. I didn't have this problem with either of these bikes. I've asked myself what has changed other than the bike. This is what I have come up with so far:

1. I am wearing underwear made with a thicker looser weave fabric with more texture (think Polo shirt instead of bed sheet). I am not sitting on any seams.
2. The seat fabric is more textured
3. I lost a lot of muscle in my illness and am still building it back but I have some cushion back there.
4. I deal with a lot of leg pain. Perhaps this is an extension of that.

So what to do? I would like to try easy solutions first. The options I am considering are:

1. Get new underwear
2. Seat slope mod. I'm not sliding forward but would it possibly help this.
3. Sheep skin
4. Beads
5. Other seat pad
6. New seat

What do you think is the simplest solution to my problem?

I think the problem is the stock seat gives virtually no support. If riding whilst fit & rested I coped ok for quite long runs. When I went out when a bit tired then my legs started to ache and my butt the same. A couple of hours and I was in pain. My wife found the passenger seat even worse so I bought a Shad seat. It's well made and much firmer than the stock seat. I've done 600+ mile days with no problem. A seat upgrade will transform the bike for you.

Glad to hear you're over the Lyme's disease. It's a nasty one indeed.

Glad to hear you're over the Lyme's disease. It's a nasty one indeed.

I don't think you ever really over Lyme disease. I think it flares up from time to time and manifests in different ways. I may be wrong, though.

mwcogburn- You said nothings changed from when you had other bikes but you discounted the Lyme's. My daughter got it a few years back but hasn't had any symptom since.
I hope you get the bum problem sorted out.

Edit- looked this up on WebMD-

Following treatment for Lyme disease, some people still have persistent fatigue and achiness. This general malaise can take months to slowly disappear, although it generally does so spontaneously without the use of additional antibiotic therapy. There is no evidence that the Borrelia infection causes chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia. Although some patients with Lyme disease may develop these problems, as with other patients who get chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia, long-term antibiotics will not hasten recovery

Last edited:
Welcome to the jungle with your ride. Nasty Lyme disease...I am wondering if I have it, coz I am often tired...sleepy, even on the moto.

Have fun! Ride safe!

I don't think you ever really over Lyme disease. I think it flares up from time to time and manifests in different ways. I may be wrong, though.

mwcogburn- You said nothings changed from when you had other bikes but you discounted the Lyme's. My daughter got it a few years back but hasn't had any symptom since.
I hope you get the bum problem sorted out.

Edit- looked this up on WebMD-

Following treatment for Lyme disease, some people still have persistent fatigue and achiness. This general malaise can take months to slowly disappear, although it generally does so spontaneously without the use of additional antibiotic therapy. There is no evidence that the Borrelia infection causes chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia. Although some patients with Lyme disease may develop these problems, as with other patients who get chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia, long-term antibiotics will not hasten recovery
I don't want to get too far off into the weeds but that blurb comes straight from the governing body that makes getting treatment almost impossible in the USA. And your right, the best you can hope for is to knock it into remission and keep it there. It will be with me the rest of my life.

Last edited:
Back