• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Imagine My Surprise!!

Josh H

Reaction score
Visit site
Imagine my surprise encountering this! Wasn't sure at first what exactly it was until I smelled (and tasted) the distinct odor of baby powder. Just glad it wasn't another particular white, powdery substance often found on LA streets...

[video=youtube_share;8QIePBpglhM]http://youtu.be/8QIePBpglhM[/video]

I spent the better part of 25 years making that stuff. Half a million pounds per month. I always wondered where it went. I was told by one of the marketing types that the fragrance is the second most recognized fragrance on earth. I don't remember what beat it.

I spent the better part of 25 years making that stuff. Half a million pounds per month. I always wondered where it went. I was told by one of the marketing types that the fragrance is the second most recognized fragrance on earth. I don't remember what beat it.

Pizza maybe?

I would have thought bread (fresh baked or being baked) would be at the top of the list, but who really knows in these things.

Auugh now I'm hungry lol

"...a Yale University study on scent recognition once ranked crayons as number 18 of the 20 most recognizable scents to American adults."

After searching for a short while, I found lots of references to that Yale study, but not the study itself.

Here's the (supposed) list:
1. Coffee
2. Peanut butter
3. Vicks VapoRub
4. Chocolate
5. Wintergreen oil
6. Baby powder
7. Cigarette butts
8. Mothballs
9. Dry cat food
10. Beer
11. Ivory bar soap
12. Juicy Fruit gum
13. Orange
14. Cinnamon
15. Lemon
16. Tuna
17. Banana
18. Crayons
19. Cheese
20. Bleach

What? No two stroke exhaust in the top 20?

"...a Yale University study on scent recognition once ranked crayons as number 18 of the 20 most recognizable scents to American adults."

After searching for a short while, I found lots of references to that Yale study, but not the study itself.

1. Coffee
2. Peanut butter
3. Vicks VapoRub
4. Chocolate
5. Wintergreen oil
6. Baby powder
7. Cigarette butts
8. Mothballs
9. Dry cat food
10. Beer
11. Ivory bar soap
12. Juicy Fruit gum
13. Orange
14. Cinnamon
15. Lemon
16. Tuna
17. Banana
18. Crayons
19. Cheese
20. Bleach

Surprised there isn't any shoe polish in there... do people even use that any more? for that matter do people still use moth balls?

If we were being honest wouldn't the most recognizable scent be poop?

i also think you could expand that to be a globally recognizable scent.

1. Coffee
2. Peanut butter
3. Vicks VapoRub
4. Chocolate
5. Wintergreen oil
6. Baby powder
7. Cigarette butts
8. Mothballs
9. Dry cat food
10. Beer
11. Ivory bar soap
12. Juicy Fruit gum
13. Orange
14. Cinnamon
15. Lemon
16. Tuna
17. Banana
18. Crayons
19. Cheese
20. Bleach
They clearly forgot bacon.

ya lucky its only baby powder!!
here the wild life is on a suicide mission every time I'm on my bike,pheasants,pigeons,rabbits also bugs;) .

1. Coffee
2. Peanut butter
3. Vicks VapoRub
4. Chocolate
5. Wintergreen oil
6. Baby powder
7. Cigarette butts
8. Mothballs
9. Dry cat food
10. Beer
11. Ivory bar soap
12. Juicy Fruit gum
13. Orange
14. Cinnamon
15. Lemon
16. Tuna
17. Banana
18. Crayons
19. Cheese
20. Bleach

Dry cat food? Weird.

I see that "fresh @ss" was left off the list.

In my neck of the woods, I think the Skunk has the most recognizable smell.

Last edited:
ya lucky its only baby powder!!
here the wild life is on a suicide mission every time I'm on my bike,pheasants,pigeons,rabbits also bugs;) .

I saw a porcupine in the middle of the road up north that I think was attempting some sort of murder suicide deal. Can not imagine that would have been good for my tires.

I still have not seen any wildlife on my way to work (knock on wood) other than FROGS. There not attempting suicide but they are messing with me. I wish they would focus on the bugs johnakay mentioned.

Back