• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Inexpensive eagle eye LED lights

zirconx

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been wanting some more visibility up front for a while. I didn't want to spend a lot. I had some of these $5/pair Eagle Eye LED lights. I wanted to use those. But had been struggling for a while on how to mount them. I got it all figured out this weekend. The whole project cost under $50. The most expensive part was the Denai light bracket for $35. If you are handy you could easily make your own bracket out of a stick of aluminum from the hardware store.

These are the lights:
2 x 12V Motor Car 3W LED Eagle Eye White Light Daytime Running DRL Backup Lights | eBay
s-l500.jpg

The Denai light bracket:
Denali Auxiliary Light Mount Honda NC700X 2012-2015 - RevZilla
DenaliBracket.jpg

So I had the Denali bracket for a while, but was thinking about how mount the Eagle Eye lights to it. My dad had a great idea:

3/8" x 1/2" Cushion Support Clamp
41TRg8fcfYL.jpg

These were about 60 cents each at Menards. I don't know of Home Depot or Lowes carries them. I see that Amazon sells a 15-pack.

THey fit the Eagle Eye lights perfectly!
EagleEyeinBracket.jpg

LightsOnBracket.jpg

The lights probably do not provide much light on the road. They are to make me more visible. I think they will work well for that.

LightsOn.jpg

I wired the lights to come on the with the key, but I did install a switch in case I need to turn them off for some reason. I mounted the switch up by the forks. It's hard to photograph, but here you can see the back of the switch when I have the fake duct removed.

switch.jpg

Beware that the instructions show to mount the bracket on BACKWARDS, don't do it as shown in the instructions! When installed as shown in the instructions this causes the forks to hit the bracket so you can't turn all the way. This is dangerous. Instead install so that the bar part of the bracket is in front of the mounting holes.

Denali NC700x bracket.jpg

Nice Job, they look good.

I found those LED lights on AliExpress, I think they were less than $3 a pair delivered (how do they do it?). Another option for fitting, if you have them, is in the handguards (I have the Givi ones), they fit well and the wiring is nicely hidden. They are very bright considering how cheap they are.

Back