• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

inexpensive highway pegs ?

eastbayandy

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking highway pegs would be nice on longer rides. I've searched but keep coming up with Kuryakyn, which are pricy. They look nice, but I'm a cheepscate. seems like if you could find the right size clamps, you could bolt almost any inexpensive pegs on. anybody have any luck with this so I don't have to reinvent the wheel? I measured the tubeing, I get 1 3/8. looks like most inexpensive ones are 1" to 1 1/4.
I'm thinking something like this. I thought I'd mount them about where the horn is. [I'm installing a Fiaam in a different place soon.]
Amazon.com: Krator Chrome Anti-Vibrate Engine Guard Foot Pegs w/ Clamps for Harley Softail Touring: Automotive

Last edited:
measure the tube you plan to attach them to carefully.
I have no crash bars, so I attached the Kuryakyn to the existing frame.
(Sorry I don't remember what diameter the K pegs or the frame is!)

I seem to recall ordering several of the cheaper kind (bikemaster?) but none would clamp like the $120 K's did. (Like you, I don't usually buy items that cost that much)

For long rides, highway pegs are a huge relief.
I'm trying to get pegs on the FJR for exactly that reason.

[THESE] are the pegs I used. Searching "Kuryakyn 7933" will find this peg/arm/clamp combo.
Just make sure you get the clamp diameter in the correct size...(whatever that may be.)
k7933.jpg

Last edited:
and here's what mine look like installed.
(advice. Stick your feet out there and get the peg to match the line side to side of your foot..more comfort.)

left side...
peg_left.jpg

and then on the right side...
peg_right.jpg

I'll just chime in that if you have crash bars it gets more complicated because the diameter of those is often non-standard for highway peg clamps - for example, the SW Motech bars are 27mm which is impossible to match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll just chime in that if you have crash bars it gets more complicated because the diameter of those is often non-standard for highway peg clamps - for example, the SW Motech bars are 27mm which is impossible to match.

If the clamp is too large couldn't you wrap the frame or crash bar with a bicycle or motorcycle tube? (Cut the tube length wise) and wrap once or twice around and cut off the excess.

If the clamp is too large couldn't you wrap the frame or crash bar with a bicycle or motorcycle tube? (Cut the tube length wise) and wrap once or twice around and cut off the excess.

Yes. And that's what I did, but it's then really difficult to tighten the cheaper clamps enough to keep them from moving when you put your feet on them (I don't think a standard torque wrench can measure how much torque I had to use [emoji33]).

I'm thinking highway pegs would be nice on longer rides. I've searched but keep coming up with Kuryakyn, which are pricy. They look nice, but I'm a cheepscate. seems like if you could find the right size clamps, you could bolt almost any inexpensive pegs on. anybody have any luck with this so I don't have to reinvent the wheel? I measured the tubeing, I get 1 3/8. looks like most inexpensive ones are 1" to 1 1/4.
I'm thinking something like this. I thought I'd mount them about where the horn is. [I'm installing a Fiaam in a different place soon.]
Amazon.com: Krator Chrome Anti-Vibrate Engine Guard Foot Pegs w/ Clamps for Harley Softail Touring: Automotive

I have a set very similar to those mounted on the Givi engine bars on my bike. I could not get them tight enough so they would not spin on the bars with the weight of my feet on them. I wound up putting a self tapping screw through each strap to hold them in place.

I have Givi bars and wanted to go the cheap route. In the end it worked out, but it was a hassle. They can't be tightened enough to stop them from spinning on the bars. The way I mounted mine they butt up against the frame so they stay well in place.

My post about it here: Highway pegs mounted on Givi engine bars

I have since painted the hex bolts (by hand with a little brush) as they already were starting to rust/discolour. Yet another problem with the cheap parts.

Dunno about inexpensive, but these could be good value for the money at $77 shipped. Also available on 1.25"/32mm bar clamps, and with different footpeg designs. I ordered these.

Black Highway Foot Peg 1'' Bar Clamp For Harley Davidson XL 883 Hugger Sportster | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

I ordered the Kuryakyn clamps and the Krater foot pegs, so hopefully I'll be able to mount the pegs to the clamps and be under $50. will report back.

Any updates? Would love to see how it fits up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

the clamp was high quality, but $$$, and didn't come as a set, just one. . the bolt for attaching the footpeg was the wrong size and would have required drilling the clamp hole bigger, so I sent them both back as there would have been no adjusting them like the ones greenboy posted. I wonder if these will work. I need to go remeasure the frame tube as I don't remember the size.
Chrome 1-1/4" 1.25" Highway Short Angled Streamliner Bar Foot Pegs For Harley | eBay

Last edited:
There are lots of past threads about highway pegs. Put "nc700-forum highway pegs" in your search engine.

Back