• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Inexpensive preload adjusters that work!!!!!!!!

NC700X.COM

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently took delivery of a new cb1100. I noticed the forks to be very similar to the nc700. I popped one of the preload adjusters out, and it works perfectly! So i ordered a set of new oem adjusters for a 2013 cb11oo, and the are now on the nc700. I can now tighten the front end right up, and all the excessive sag is gone. It firmed up the ride quite a bit too. I know it is not a whole new spring and valving set-up like some need/want, but it is a big improvement. The best part is ,all it cost was 65.00. Just thought i would share this for those who are interested.

Any Honda part numbers?

I recently took delivery of a new cb1100. I noticed the forks to be very similar to the nc700. I popped one of the preload adjusters out, and it works perfectly! So i ordered a set of new oem adjusters for a 2013 cb11oo, and the are now on the nc700. I can now tighten the front end right up, and all the excessive sag is gone. It firmed up the ride quite a bit too. I know it is not a whole new spring and valving set-up like some need/want, but it is a big improvement. The best part is ,all it cost was 65.00. Just thought i would share this for those who are interested.
Very cool! Do you happen to have the Honda part numbers for the CB1100 preload adjusters?
Would sure make it easier to order.
Thanks

Part number? Photo?

NC700X.COM,
Did you return from your vacation? We would really appreciate receiving the Honda oem part numbers for the Honda CB preload adjusters that you are thrilled with!
Pictures would also be nice!
Thanks,
The NC700 Forum Guys and Gals

Dang , thought this got bumped for part numbers. I think this, 51450-MGC-003 might be the part number. These are cheaper than the ones I've seen on e-bay (someone posted about those on this forum as well).

I found them at ProCaliber for $33.64 each. Did you also purchase the washers for $3.04 each?
I think you can also get a 5% discount with a password?

Have gotten any pictures with adjuster installed? How do they fell, and how is comfort once springs are tighten up? Sometimes heavy duty shocks can beat on you.

Optimum preload will likely be different for every rider. Some may need less, and some more. Some may need to shorten or lengthen the spacers to get the preload adjuster into the correct range for adjustment. From my own experience, I have found that once it was set correctly I never moved it - even with changes in load. Therefor I just measure the static and loaded sag and adjust the spacer lengths as indicated. A couple of trial and error cuts at it are usually enough. It seems to me that it would still be a good idea to do this even if you did utilize the preload adjusters after that for fine tuning.

Well I put them on, it was about 3/8" more tension on the spring at the minimum setting. Instantly it felt better, less dive and a more solid feel, sag was reduced around a 1/2" As good as it was, I cranked them down to the first line, which I think I will leave them there. The front felt more planted to me with little dive under braking. Ride was still compliant and sag was reduced another 1/4' or so. Total sag I would say was around a 1 to 1 1/4", with me aboard, my weight 225lbs.

How much longer are the CB1100 adjustable pre-loaders than the stock fork caps? How much further do the adjustable pre-loaders extend into the fork tube at their shortest length? I understand just installing the adjustable fork caps will increase the tension on the fork springs. Trying to calculate how much the stock height will rise.
Thanks

Back