• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Installing an alarm???

Techrat

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey,

Anyone know how to install an alarm on the 2016 NC700X? Can someone put up or point me to a YouTube video showing how do it? Or should I strictly leave it to the professionals?

I've watched a couple of videos on installing alarms on other brands/models (none on the NC700X) and it seems pretty easy. I don't want a "remote start" and probably don't need a "kill switch", so all that's left is a proximity sensor and flashing of the lights. I could take it to a dealer but it would probably cost me an arm and a leg. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Techrat

Alarms are pretty easy to install depending on the model. I put one on my ruckus years ago and it was literally less than 10 minutes to do. I can't and don't see why the NC would be any different. It biggest problem is finding the right spot for the speaker of the alarm. On the Ruckus there was a place in the battery box that would fit the alarm perfect but after pulling apart the NC to install aux lights and running wires I don't see any place to put the alarm unless in the frunk.

One thing that you must realize is that the alarm will drain your battery.

Don't know where you are located but the NC is not high on the stolen bike list if it even makes it on one. They didn't sell well there are plenty of 1-3 year old new ones sitting on show room floors . A good lock chain and floor anchor is best, up to you.

Still looking.

Try [THIS] for $80

I read the reviews stating that these were unreliable. Either the key getting stuck or not being able to change the sensitivity. I definitely do not want my bike waking up my family and neighbors in the middle of the night because a squirrel gets too close.

or [This] for $10
The link went to the same page as above, so I couldn't tell what this one was supposed to be.

Already have:
Stockton 323 U-Lock for the front. ($10)
Xena X1/X2 Disc Lock for the rear. ($38)
And the Stockton 721 Security Chain And Lock for overnight/travel parking.

I'd just sleep better if it had an alarm too.

If you're not doing so already, lock your steering head when you park your bike, via the ignition lock cylinder. I've read at least half of thieves will move on to another target if the ignition lock is engaged, making moving the bike in a straight line difficult or impossible.

If you're not doing so already, lock your steering head when you park your bike, via the ignition lock cylinder. I've read at least half of thieves will move on to another target if the ignition lock is engaged, making moving the bike in a straight line difficult or impossible.

Already locking the steering. Got disc locks for the front and back. A heavy chain for public parking. A cover for overnight. And I already know that the NC700X is not in high demand for parts or resale by thieves. Basic theft safety I already have covered.

With that being said, I sometimes have to park on the street overnight and I would just feel better if I had an alarm. I saw a YouTube video for installing an alarm on a Ninja 650 and the install was so simple. They didn't install the remote start or kill switch, just the proximity alarm and flashers. This is all I want. Just something to wake me if someone is messing with my bike in the middle of the night. I was hoping that someone had a video for the NC700X so that I could attempt the install on my own, rather than paying a shop to do it.

Techrat

I put a Scorpio i900R on my bike for a little while. (It is currently removed, stopped arming itself for some reason...)

The best place for the alarm in a 2016 is probably in the tail section next to the brake LED. Lots of space in there.
There you will find easy-ish access to ground and ignition wires (positap) plus signal lights below that.
You'd have to run a positive wire from the battery all the way back there though.

It probably won't fit under the seat and the battery compartment is probably already crammed.
Another location if you want to drill holes in the frunk is in that space in the bottom where the manual goes, depending on how big your alarm is.

Back