• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Insurance good deal or was I robbed ?

shoemonkey

Reaction score
Visit site
so just some background im 32 iv had my full licence since last august and iv had 1 bike stolen so no no claims bonus, witch is what made me get my full licence and get my nc700s yay
but when I started looking for insurance all the prices seemed very hi i was getting quotes for as much as £1300 fully comp and as little as £275 3rd f/t and what you got in terms of breakdown cover and riding in the eu etc varied to the point that it was so brain numbing. but i got it down to a few different ones.
good and the bad:
Swinton £1,238 fully comp and £333 3rd f/t
Motorcycle Direct £999 fully comp £272 3rd f/t

at this point i was not happy i really wanted fully comp i cant be paying out to have the bike fixed if i drop it or crash! but then i found this one.
Ebike £568 fully comp and £280 3rd f/t
now the difference in the 3rd f/t is not much but the fully comp wow im saving over £400 how is that possible? and believe me when i say £999 was the best quote i found before Ebike
and the other thing I was wondering was are they ever going to change the pricing up insurance from cc to hp it seems silly that im paying for a bike witch on paper at 670 cc sounds all big and fast but in reality at 47bhp its not

I have mine thru AmericanModern select Insurance. I am payiing $224 a year for full coverage. I called Geico tp get a quote and they tool me they could not insure me because I am MSF Instructor. Have you ever heard of this before? Have all my cars and truck insured thru them and am thinking of dropping them and getting some one else for my other vehicles ! Before I told them I was a MSF Instructor they quoted me a price of $704 a year.

Well, you can't really blame them can you? Everyone knows how risky those MSF Instructors ride. It's like they've got a death wish or something!

so just some background im 32 iv had my full licence since last august and iv had 1 bike stolen so no no claims bonus, witch is what made me get my full licence and get my nc700s yay
but when I started looking for insurance all the prices seemed very hi i was getting quotes for as much as £1300 fully comp and as little as £275 3rd f/t and what you got in terms of breakdown cover and riding in the eu etc varied to the point that it was so brain numbing. but i got it down to a few different ones.
good and the bad:
Swinton £1,238 fully comp and £333 3rd f/t
Motorcycle Direct £999 fully comp £272 3rd f/t

at this point i was not happy i really wanted fully comp i cant be paying out to have the bike fixed if i drop it or crash! but then i found this one.
Ebike £568 fully comp and £280 3rd f/t
now the difference in the 3rd f/t is not much but the fully comp wow im saving over £400 how is that possible? and believe me when i say £999 was the best quote i found before Ebike
and the other thing I was wondering was are they ever going to change the pricing up insurance from cc to hp it seems silly that im paying for a bike witch on paper at 670 cc sounds all big and fast but in reality at 47bhp its not
Might get more response on the UK forum. I have had EBike before and they are ok, like how you can do everything on the web and that includes adding bits to bike as well as getting quotes and they do not charge admin fees for changes. Considering you have had a bike stolen and not been riding long i would be happy with the quote you got but did you consider the excess amount on the policy?

Insurance varies greatly from rider to rider. Location, age, credit rating, driving record, and other factors make this conversation difficult. Also we have found that some insurance companies consider the NC700X a sports bike and others a scooter.

Like the old song goes...............You better shop around!

I did think i might get a better deal since they just changed the rawls regarding woman riders, and as im well 33, im not a kid and the bike is garaged the fact that its got a tracker didn't even make a difference, ow and a tip get a price then tell them all the security you have and see if it makes a difference if it doesn't tell them to remove it, because if your bike gets stolen and you haven't put the locks chains etc then your excess may be more and for a saving of maybe a £10 is it worth paying £100 more excess!
and what is an MSF instructor ?

I did think i might get a better deal since they just changed the rawls regarding woman riders, and as im well 33, im not a kid and the bike is garaged the fact that its got a tracker didn't even make a difference, ow and a tip get a price then tell them all the security you have and see if it makes a difference if it doesn't tell them to remove it, because if your bike gets stolen and you haven't put the locks chains etc then your excess may be more and for a saving of maybe a £10 is it worth paying £100 more excess!
and what is an MSF instructor ?

Motorcycle Safety Instructor

I live in London and my fully comp is £180 on the NC700x, I have 10 years riding experience and some riding qualifications help towards lower premiums. I suspect because your bike was stolen you are being penalised for this. My best quote believe it or not was from Honda Happiness, worth giving them a go. Also helps doing a Bike Safe course run by the police- its just a ride out and they give you a certificate to state you have been supervised by a police rider and certified to be safe. Worth a go!

Back