• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Insurance Problems

t3hGone

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

Has anyone have problems with finding insurance for your NCX? I originally had Progressive but the premium was ridiculous. I checked with USAA, Nationwide, and Allstate; these either don't support motorcycle or the premium was really high. I finally found State Farm that was able to cut the premium in half compared to the rest. 2 months later I received a letter from State Farm stating "This risk is ineligible for coverage because the vehicle does not meet our Mutual Company eligibility guidelines." Has anyone else seen this or have any recommendations?

Thanks!
- Mori

Don't know what to tell you on that one. State Farm doesn't seem to have a problem insuring my NC, but they also insure my and my wife's cars. Maybe they're more willing to carry the insurance if you have multiple policies? At any rate, you may want to try Geico. They seem to be fairly motorcycle friendly.

Bob

Yup my insurance ( progressive ) doubled over what I was paying for my DL1000 !!!. The DL was double the HP BUT progressive classifies the NC as a sport bike !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call at least a dozen (I'm serious) insurance companies and pick the one with the best rate for the coverage you want. It doesn't really matter where I or any other forum members get the best rate or service, because your deal will surely be different than mine/ours based on your credit rating, age, riding experience, garaging location, actuarial tables, promotions, etc, etc, etc.

Greg

Call at least a dozen (I'm serious) insurance companies and pick the one with the best rate for the coverage you want. It doesn't really matter where I or any other forum members get the best rate or service, because your deal will surely be different than mine/ours based on your credit rating, age, riding experience, garaging location, actuarial tables, promotions, etc, etc, etc.

Greg

I know, I was just curious on where people obtained insurance from because most of the companies I know of are not very motorcycle friendly. I have been told that Amica is probably one of the best, so I'll be contacting them shortly.

Thank you everyone else for the suggestions! I will be hunting this week :D.

why my post been deleted? is there is something bad or offensive in it? imo- i've provided valuable information along with actual prices that i got from various insurance companies. if this info is not appreciated here-it's ok with me,but it will be my last post on this forum.have nice day

what is it? USSR 1969 or something(i've been there btw at that time)? what's up with freedom of speech and expression?

Original poster........Is Michigan still no-fault??????? If it is.....that can be a problem for motorcycle coverage in most cases.

I think Progressive and Geico may have changed the class rating on the NC.

My policy was up for renewal..........shop around and made some changes in my coverage. I repurchased liability with higher limits and high limits on uninsured/under insured. I do not carry full coverage on any of my bikes and small medical because I have complete medical coverage. If I crash for any reason and its my fault I write the check for repairs and I am willing to assume that risk.

My rate dropped to $171 for all 4 bikes that are used regularly.

In the past my rate as been as $400-600 but I was carrying more coverage and any medical coverage which is very very expensive. I do have RV insurance with Progressive and have been ticket, accident and claim free for 7 years with them.
Geico rates were also lower than a year ago when I added the NC.

As many threads prior stated insurance has many factors from location (down to zip code), type of use, age, past violations, credit rating, other vehicle covered with the same company etc etc etc

Last edited:
I know, I was just curious on where people obtained insurance from because most of the companies I know of are not very motorcycle friendly. I have been told that Amica is probably one of the best, so I'll be contacting them shortly.

Thank you everyone else for the suggestions! I will be hunting this week :D.

Progressive gave me the best deal (for now). Adding the NC700X to the policy cost me about $95/year. Allstate was ok in the past but then they got too high.

State Farm is a joke. I don't even ask them for quotes anymore. Besides, I kinda know how their sausage is made, since their corporate office is nearby, where they have about 15,000 people on the payroll, some of whom I know.

Greg

Last edited:
why my post been deleted? is there is something bad or offensive in it? imo- i've provided valuable information along with actual prices that i got from various insurance companies. if this info is not appreciated here-it's ok with me,but it will be my last post on this forum.have nice day

The insurance info was appropriate and appreciated, but the presentation was poor. If you'd like to edit it you may repost. For your reference: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/site-announcements/2797-abbreviations-vulgarities.html. If you don't agree with the guidelines, then yes, it may be your "last post on this forum."

Greg

Last edited:
Had the same problem with Progressive, gave them every chance to keep my business, but they would not budge. GEICO insured me at what I was paying for the Sabre and done :D

FYI GEICO thinks it's a scooter :)

It's funny reading this thread, coz in the UK now you can just go to a certain website and it'll check all the various insurance companies for you and come up with the best quote...... Excellent stuff.

I have Progressive also. Had an 08 kawasaki concours 1400 and when I changed to the nc it went up $100 more a year. Total is $510. I've never had an accident and have great credit score. I had a ticket 4 years ago is all. I'm going to go to geico. Agent said my NC doesn't look like its listed right. Asked me if its a sport bike.

i have Foremost for my bike. decent price for full coverage.
i have allstate for the rest, car, house, life. i had my prev. bike with them, but after they went up $100. from one yr to the next, i moved on with that.
if my car/house goes up, i will be moving them also.

Dumped Progressive for GEICO because GEICO wanted half as much for full coverage. Even saved a few bucks on my husbands BMW K1200LT. Progressive thinks the NCX is a sportbike.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone using Board Express

Try Rider Insurance. Mine is very inexpensive.

When I tried with my car insurance company, they evidently thought the bike was an actual
700cc sport bike and gave me a ridiculous quote. The bike was new then and not even showing
up on their list.

My premium is $295 per year with rider for the NC700x. That includes full coverage and roadside
assistance.

Try Rider Insurance. Mine is very inexpensive.

When I tried with my car insurance company, they evidently thought the bike was an actual
700cc sport bike and gave me a ridiculous quote. The bike was new then and not even showing
up on their list.

My premium is $295 per year with rider for the NC700x. That includes full coverage and roadside
assistance.

I'll give them a call tomorrow. Progressive called it a sports bike. State Farm and Allstate called it a dual sport bike. It's pretty funny that Geico calls it a scooter :p.

Back