• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is it Daytona Bike Week?

drdubb

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Is it Daytona bike week?

I caged down to central Florida today and saw lots of Harleys on trailers heading south,

Daytona Bike Week, is that a thing......?

I know may people that attend that, every year, somehow I can just imagine all of them together.

snow on I95 tonight thru Maryland Delaware and Joisey, can imagine all that salt, on all those bikes...

anyone going?

Daytona Trailer Week starts today March 4 to 14th. I'm riding down today for a half day - hoping to see the Africa Twin before the real crowds show up.

I am going on Friday, the 11th to see the new African Twin and to say I was at the 75th Daytona Bike Week(s). I usually only go to Destination Daytona and the Speedway to check out the vendors.

Per the Wicked Witch of the West I can not go to Daytona until I get the OK from my doctor on Tuesday. Hope to be in my normal campsite in the middle of the race track on Thursday.

WitchWest.jpg

I got there around 9:30 this morning and practically had the entire Honda tent to myself for about 30 minutes. If only the Africa Twin had a frunk and tubeless tires!

Daytona Trailer Week starts today March 4 to 14th. I'm riding down today for a half day - hoping to see the Africa Twin before the real crowds show up.
How true. Daytona and Sturgis have the biggest variety of custom trailers. I trailered my DT-1 down to Daytona in 73. I think Don Vesco won that year on a 350 Yamaha?

I got there around 9:30 this morning and practically had the entire Honda tent to myself for about 30 minutes. If only the Africa Twin had a frunk and tubeless tires!

Did you go to any of the other motocycle companies test rides on the track grounds? Week days are the time to do test rides at Daytona, because weekends are busy. Sure wish American Honda Corporation still did test rides!

Last edited:
Heading for Daytona, if the rain is not to bad early in the morning. If it is flooding here, Daytona will be a no go this year. Due to eye surgery a week ago, I can not ride in the rain this time. Also, I will have to stay in-doors in the evenings. I hate staying in hotels, but had to promise the wife.

Heading for Daytona, if the rain is not to bad early in the morning. If it is flooding here, Daytona will be a no go this year. Due to eye surgery a week ago, I can not ride in the rain this time. Also, I will have to stay in-doors in the evenings. I hate staying in hotels, but had to promise the wife.
I hope you get to go. As for me, I'm leaving tomorrow for a few days in the North GA/NC/TN mountains.

My wife and doctor said I could go to Daytona only if it quit raining. Neither say had to quit for how long. Quit yesterday at around 9:30 AM. You have never seen a bike leave my driveway so fast. I heard her yelling something, but better not repeat it here! Ah, the benefits of poor hearing!

So tonight I am sitting at Daytona. Will get some pics when the sun comes up tomorrow.

Back