• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is it over? Ride and no smile!

I primarily commute like others have mentioned. The ride can become mundane but I still enjoy riding over driving primarily because it is easier to navigate heavy traffic. Also, to help with the boredom, I take alternates routes home. I have five different routes that I can take home and they average from a 20 minute ride to a 35 minute ride. Sometimes the extra 15 minutes is worth it. Especially on Fridays.

I primarily commute like others have mentioned. The ride can become mundane but I still enjoy riding over driving primarily because it is easier to navigate heavy traffic. Also, to help with the boredom, I take alternates routes home. I have five different routes that I can take home and they average from a 20 minute ride to a 35 minute ride. Sometimes the extra 15 minutes is worth it. Especially on Fridays.
I've commuted for two years using my motorcycle almost every day, because of a intense winter (at least by California standards) I've caved and bought a cheap car to drive for a couple of months. And the stress of driving a car in that traffic is maddening. I commute from Los Banos to Morgan Hill in California, it can be a beautiful ride at times but there is allot of traffic and not many options as far as routes. I went to go back to my motorcycle and found the fork is bleeding, I've ordered the parts to fix it but as off right now they haven't come in and the weather is beautiful (low mid 30's and a high of mid 50's with sunny skies) frustrated I'm stuck in the car

You just need a new farkle or two ,my fix was a new blue tooth helmut ,now I can do my old school music down the rode with a big SMILE !

My commute is about 30 minutes but, when it's really nice out, some of my shortcuts take 2 hours. ;-)
>T

I've found that nothing gets my enthusiasm about riding as a long distance road trip. It's crazy. As soon as I get home, all I want to do is start planning the next trip, adding farkels I just realized I'd like, figuring out a new destination to conquer on 2 wheels.

I've found that nothing gets my enthusiasm about riding as a long distance road trip. It's crazy. As soon as I get home, all I want to do is start planning the next trip, adding farkels I just realized I'd like, figuring out a new destination to conquer on 2 wheels.
Plus +1 Except I usually sleep for a week after getting home from a long trip and then start the planning. Yes, retirement is grand!

Ray

My commute is about 30 minutes but, when it's really nice out, some of my shortcuts take 2 hours. ;-)
>T

Exactly. I have found so many interesting places and roads since buying a motorcycle. I have lived in this area for thirty years, but it is amazing how many places I have not been.

For the past 12 years, since I started back riding on my first Moto Guzzi, every time I pulled out of the neighborhood I found a big smile busting out on my face. It never failed and I marveled at how much I loved it and what it did for my spirit. This past summer, we sold our house and moved into a townhouse/villa, basically downsizing and looking forward to more travel. I was expecting to have more time to ride as well. The logistics of the move to a place with a much smaller garage severely limited my riding. My bike was always trapped by cabinets, unpacked boxes, tools, etc. and was a major ordeal to get out. Our new neighborhood covenants also require that we park our cars in the garage as well. It took nearly 6 months to arrive at a point that the garage was organized and easy to get the bike out (whenever my wife's car was gone that is). Now in March the weather has turned nice and I can ride without jockeying vehicles or moving tools. And so I started riding again last week. All I can say - "is that all there is?". What happened? No smile. It was OK but not compelling anymore. The most validating thing about riding a motorcycle appears to be gone. I am not giving up yet, but if it doesn't come back.....

Sounds like a Righteous Brothers song to me:

[video=youtube;bTvU3BELZEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTvU3BELZEo[/video]

Hoping I never feel that way about riding.

>T

I like the way you think!

Back