• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

It's all in!

CorEnFa

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, most of it anyway.

I got my bike last weekend and have been enjoying the heck out of it. But, as part of my sales deal, I got the bike tricked out with all of the factory accessories (side bags, top case, center stand, wind screen, light bar, heated grips, accessory outlet). Well, all of that kit had to be ordered and I just got the call that all of it came in today. The bike is at the shop getting it all put on. YAY!

The windshield is on back order though. I'll have to wait for a couple more weeks on that. In the mean time, I'll live.

The OEM tubs are better quality than they look on-line in the pictures and the side bags do hold more than they appear to. I think the Givi Trekker stuff would have ultimately been better, but the Honda stuff isn't bad. I don't think I can fit a laptop in the side bags and it will need to go in the top case, but I don't know if I'd want to throw off the balance that much anyway. An 8 pound bag in the top case for short commutes shouldn't kill me. The sides will easily fit cold weather and rain gear though. In fact, with the frunk and the three cases, I should be able to manage a long weekend.

I'll post some pics when it's all done.

Cheers-
J

Thanks guys!
I was a little hesitant to go with the OEM cases - the plastic in the pics kind of reminded me of those old-time plastic pale lunch boxes. Thankfully, it seems a little nicer than that. The stainless steel panels seem to be better looking/built than what the pics look like online.

If they don't really suit me after time (function over form), I may go towards the Givi Trekker stuff, but I think these will meet all my needs for the time benig.

Cheers-
J.

I went back and forth with the OEM & Trekker. I like both. I decided on Givi and now have to have 2 keys every time I ride.....man it's awful :rolleyes:

I like the look of the OEM and they seem to work better for a passenger (at least what I have read). Apparently there are leg cutouts (just what I heard).

Welcome aboard and we all want to see pics soon!!!

The factory side cases got put on today. The top case was in, but we're missing a piece to the bracket, so it will be a few days. I'll put pics up when it's all in.

However, I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality, size, and look. The pics online make them look cheap and tiny - they're neither. They're much deeper than the pictures make them look and the stainless sidepanels are a must since they're actually a pretty high quality. I can't quite fit a laptop in there, but it's not far off. If you have a 13" Macbook, you're set.

I also got the factory heated bars and WOW! They heat up FAST!

So far - nice. Pics coming soon.

The factory side cases got put on today. The top case was in, but we're missing a piece to the bracket, so it will be a few days. I'll put pics up when it's all in.

However, I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality, size, and look. The pics online make them look cheap and tiny - they're neither. They're much deeper than the pictures make them look and the stainless sidepanels are a must since they're actually a pretty high quality. I can't quite fit a laptop in there, but it's not far off. If you have a 13" Macbook, you're set.

Thanks for the info on the side cases. My bike came with the rack for the Top Case so I bought that. But all the pics I saw of the side cases left me guessing, and I didn't know if I wanted to go to the expense of adding them. I'm still debating, because being a new rider I don't know how much I might use them. But your information is quite helpful for my thinking process. Thanks.

I also have the bags and grips, they really get hot,, the bags come off and on really nice.. the bags look good with the inserts.

Thanks for the info on the side cases. My bike came with the rack for the Top Case so I bought that. But all the pics I saw of the side cases left me guessing, and I didn't know if I wanted to go to the expense of adding them. I'm still debating, because being a new rider I don't know how much I might use them. But your information is quite helpful for my thinking process. Thanks.

Hey Danrev - Once I get my high-rez pics posted, you'll see how much bigger (and hopefully better) they are in real life.
I can see myself using them for wet-weather gear and extra clothes.

aye our lass said the same is it all in,OK admen you may
732_spanking.gif

Congratulations, CorEnFa! I like the OEM saddlebags, too, although the shape is slightly odd.

I can't quite fit a laptop in there, but it's not far off. If you have a 13" Macbook, you're set.

Are you sure? I carry my 15" laptop (widescreen format) in the saddlebags from time to time. Normally I carry it in the frunk, but sometimes that space is full. It'll fit; give it another try. :)

I think it comes down to the bag that it's in. With a small protective bag, and mouse, power adapter, etc., it's off by an inch or so. It doesn't even come close to fitting in my frunk. I have a 15"MBP which is long but thin. (Insert more jokes here).

I'm a big fan of the OEM side bags. As mentioned, not only do they go off and on easily, I think their biggest advantage, especially since I have to deal with city traffic, is the fact that they don't extend beyond the handlebars. So if the front fits through, the back will too. All in all, I'm very pleased with them. And the rear trunk as well.

Not a bad idea. I don't suppose I have any reason why I wouldn't want to take it out of the bag. In fact, given the size and shape of the case, I suppose I could probably tuck the bag int the wells of the side case and the laptop towards the front and it should fit just fine. I will give it a try. I haven't decided if I'm going to commute on it tomorrow morning - it's supposed to be around 15 degrees for the morning commute and only 25 for the afternoon commute... If not, I'll try it shortly.

Hah, I know what you mean. We're finally getting our blast of cold air here in Virginia that we've been putting off. I haven't gotten my X properly fitted for cold weather quite yet and 15 is probably too cold. Those Symtec heaters should be in any day now... grumble, grumble.

For the laptop, I'd try to keep it in it's case if at all possible. Laptops don't like hard jarring and the case absorbs a lot of what it would be exposed to. I'm a little surprised, though. I thought those cases were supposed to be 29 liters? It's really hard to tell from the pictures.

Hey Cagedodger -
I took the plunge and commuted this morning. I did actually take the laptop out of the bag for the commute. Though, I've fitted mine with an SSD, so I'm not worried about hard drive bumps and bangs. It was a cold one for sure and I REALLY wish I had Barkbusters on. (I ordered them AS SOON as I arrived at the office this morning.)

The cases fit quite a bit in there, but the limiting factor for the laptop is the outer dimensions of the big part of the case. It's about 1" diagonally too narrow for the laptop in the case. With it out of the case, I easily fit the bag and the laptop in the side bag and had enough room left over for rain gear and probably a pair of jeans and socks. And that was just the left bag!

The pictures on line do make these bags look tiny. They're not that tiny at all. I'll upload some better ones soon. I'm waiting to get my bike fully outfitted (about a week.)

Good to know about the bags as this is the route I've decided to go. I did look at a bike that had the bags and they can hold more than what the pictures show.

Back