• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Just in case......

Joe A.

Reaction score
Visit site
.....I decide to spring for a new NC700x, wil existing accessories transfer over? Bags, top case, heated grips, w/s, Hondabike pro rack, Sergent seat?

I'm inclined to say that, yes, most will transfer easily. The service manual has been consistent since 2012 (I have the 2012-16 manual) and I don't think there were significant enough changes to the '17 to merit incompatibility for the parts you mentioned. Out of curiosity, what's got you itching for the new one? I recently picked up a '14. I know the newer one has:
-Slightly expanded storage and fuel (?) capacities
-Revised instrument cluster ("in color")
-Revised muffler
-Revised windscreen
-LED headlight

I'm inclined to say that, yes, most will transfer easily. The service manual has been consistent since 2012 (I have the 2012-16 manual) and I don't think there were significant enough changes to the '17 to merit incompatibility for the parts you mentioned. Out of curiosity, what's got you itching for the new one? I recently picked up a '14. I know the newer one has:
-Slightly expanded storage and fuel (?) capacities
-Revised instrument cluster ("in color")
-Revised muffler
-Revised windscreen
-LED headlight

LED headlight itch is not scratched with the US model. Plain old incandescent on the 2016-17.

Also has no fuel capacity increase.

I don't think the 2012 windshield will transfer to a 2016-17.

To me, the only thing desirable for cosmetics would be the new 2016-17 muffler, and there should be plenty available soon when owners install aftermarket units for increased noise.

Last edited:
I don't think the 2012 windshield will transfer to a 2016-17.
Your right about the windscreen, a different bolt pattern. Seat, hondabikepro rack, should be easy transfer. Rear top case rack will be a problem, the brake light was moved higher and makes that area wider. My Touratech pannier side racks fit muscled into place. My SW-Motech crash bars and hondabikepro's skid plate took a very small bit of dremel grinding to make them fit.

Ray

Last edited:
I think Nofear2trek hit most on of the differences. I had to get extensions welded onto my Givi rack mounts to clear the '16's wider rear plastics ($20).

If a new left over DCT became available for the right price I would consider it. Had a chance to ride one and really enjoyed it. Still love my '12 manual and plan on keeping it unless the DCT becomes an option.

.....I decide to spring for a new NC700x, wil existing accessories transfer over? Bags, top case, heated grips, w/s, Hondabike pro rack, Sergent seat?

Congrats on your upcoming upgrade but technically I suppose it will be a lateral. Coming off a silver I assume it will also be silver.
The only way to know about the acc transfer is to actually attempt it. A change in part number does not necessarily mean a change in mounting locations.

I'm also waiting for the call from my local dealer and springing for the 2017 in Red DCT. As I've said on other posts the silver wheels are my main reason for my 'lateral' which sound trivial but I hate black wheels.
I too will be transferring accessories but may leave the OEM heated grips in place. IMO the assemblies are easily damaged if not handled delicately in the removal process.

Last edited:
Back