• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Just pulled the trigger on a nc700x

mtbmike

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys just wanted to say hello been lurking for a long time trying to get a handle on this bike. When Honda released it last year I was really interested. Little back ground on me I have been riding motorcycles since I was a kid have ridden and owned everything from a 600 super sports to liter bike inline 4s and v twin liter bikes to crfs and yzfs etc etc. I have come to a point in my life were I just don't want to keep buying motorcycles all the time I had to choose the best compromise for the type of riding I do now both because I cant get hurt off-road and I need to stay alive on the street and no tickets. I'm 38 years old I currently have 2 motorcycles a Honda 919 built for long distance sport touring I love the motor and the ride position it is my second one I have owned. My other bike was a xr650l built for commuting and to run some easy trails and fire roads. I road that bike for about 2- 1/2 years commuting and racked up over 21,000 miles I bought it with 600 miles on it. A funny thing happened to me during that time realized comfort for the first time riding motorcycles and that HP is not everything my xr was a mire 38 hp and yet I road that bike every day and everywhere while my RC51 sat. That motorcycle got me 53 miles to the gallon I knew that if my xr had just 10 more hp it would be perfect for me. Enter my interest in the nc700x. So I traded in my xr for a brand new left over 12 nc700x manual and I love it. my first fill up got me 73 mpg holy crap!!!!! The motor is ridiculously smooth and sounds a little like my v twins minus the decibels of course major brownie points from me as I love Japanese v twins. The bike is very docile but that's ok I could not ask for a better commuter bike and will be able to do most everything I took my xr on plus the nc is way better on the road the bike handles great and was very surprised I feel I could do some serious knee dragging and peg scrapping on this little guy just completely stable and rock solid through the turns. I weigh 160 lbs with clothes suspension is nice and firm and I like it. I live in Colorado and I have been commuting year round for the last 5 years I ride when ever possible and everywhere I can, I take the car as a last resort always. I have a full trax setup with 37 liter boxes on my 919 that I have been swapping from it to my xr. I will need to get some side racks for the nc so I can use them on this bike but will have to wait a little. Not that big of a deal because of the storage on the NC just a great little motorcycle.

This is a great cuommuting bike and I'm sure you'll rack up well over the 21,000 you put on the xr650l. Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here.

Great choice! I hope you have thousands of trouble free rewarding miles on your NC.

Your post resonates with me. Having owned more bike than I can remember... I find the NC so pleasant to ride. It's typically my first choice when rolling out of the garage, leaving larger, faster, heavier bikes, and lighter, twitcher, higher vibration, lower storage bikes at home! The NC just works.

I have about 6K miles on my NC now the more I ride the better I like it. I have ridden bikes since 1954 all kinds street and dirt but I REALLY LIKE this bike. I rode with my GL1800 buddies the day they were impressed I got twice the fuel mileage as they did little over 76mpg. What part of Colorado are you in I plan on coming out next year wit the NC to ride?

Back