• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kappa k33 VS. Shad sh36

Gusable

Reaction score
Visit site
I know the Shad bags are a little wide on these bikes.. Approx 45 inches?
Does anyone have the kappa k33 width? I'm really on the fence between these two choices! I like how the shads can hold my helmet. I don't think the kappas will. Approx 200.00 price difference between the two
Is like to hear your opinion. Thanks!

I will say that I got the Shad rack & bags on ebay. They shipped from Canada & France respectively and I saved about $150 bucks versus the standard US costs. Might bring the difference down & make your decision for you. I was choosing between the SH36 & the Kappa/Givi E22N.

Putting the racks on today.

Last edited:
I really need to know will a helmet fit in the kappa k33? I've seen pictures of it but I don't know was that a small open face etc? I've got an email into tour and ride maybe they know

My Shad stuff was $503, Shad's online US pricing is $657. I would probably order it from Shad at $580 just to be safe. IIRC, the top box advantage was much less, because of the shipping costs from Europe ($64, included in the total).

Motorheadzone for the rack, Byscoot for the bags. Put them on today. Took less than an hour, including getting the tools out, etc. Very solidly built. I got the gloss black for my red NC-X. I'll put up a pic in the panniers thread when the weather permits.

Well I got the Shad cases and can't say enough about the quality and fit and finish!!! Wow. I'm thrilled. They are wide but not as bad in person as the pics you see. Looks great on the bike. Makes the bike look like a liter adv bike!!! 507 shipped to Texas in 5 days from Byscoot in France. Don't go anywhere but Byscoot and Motorheadzone store

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,659
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 770
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 834
Funny you say that. My guy at work gave me some " clear mask" that goes on the hood of a car... I put it all over the trunk to prevent scratches and just did a covering of the bags in the scuff areas. My heel just touches coming on and off the bike. I can not say enough about how nice the bags are. They are carbon top. I emailed Shad about why they are not tucked in and the outward cant in the front of the brackets. They said it was on purpose for highway stability etc. that air going on the inside must be a Venturi effect.

Here the clear mask. I just put it on so its not invisible yet. It does go invisible when dryimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

These were scraps therefore segmented. I only put it where I think I'm scuffing

I got the gloss black, but they sent me the carbon ones as well. I can't tell they are there at all even on the interstate. I too am very happy.

Those shad bags look good. I've got the Honda bags on mine came with the bike, I'm the second owner. If I was in the market to get a set those are the best I've seen so far

Back