• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Kijima Engine Guards

Mike Cash

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a set of these very reasonably priced and easy to install engine guards yesterday and installed them this morning before breakfast. Took me about twenty minutes.

a4equta6.jpg

ha3usequ.jpg

eru2e5ur.jpg

pybahyqy.jpg

a3u6uza6.jpg

Kijima Engine Guards from Webike!

I like them, they are simple, remind me of the crash bars on my '76 CB550. I clicked the link though, and it's in a language I don't read...or speak so trying to figure out how to order them.

Oh and you easily add some highway pegs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There's an English version of the site, I think. Lots of people from the US have ordered parts from the site. I just didn't bother hunting up how to do it because I can read it as it is.

The English link is here

Last edited:
They look real nice. Looks like they would work very well for a low speed, or tip over, get off.
How do you think they would stand up to a faster speed get off? Do you think the bars would just sort of fold back against the engine and frame?
I seem to remember that the other Kijima engine guards previously listed on the Webike site were in the $300 range for the NC700?

Just got a set of these very reasonably priced and easy to install engine guards yesterday and installed them this morning before breakfast. Took me about twenty minutes.

a4equta6.jpg

ha3usequ.jpg

eru2e5ur.jpg

pybahyqy.jpg

a3u6uza6.jpg

Kijima Engine Guards from Webike!

They probably would do better in a high speed crash than I would, although that ain't saying much.

I mostly wanted them to prevent my leg getting trapped under the bike in a tip over and to have a place to mount some lights later on. They're more what we used to call "crash bars" back before somebody thought up the term "engine guard".

We still call them crash bars or highway bars.

I've been away from English speaking countries for a loooong time and on the net it seems all I ever see is "engine guard". I thought it was a shift in English usage while I've been away.

Hi Mike,
I really like the looks of your "crash bars". I think they will make an excellent LED mount. My only concern is will they fit the DCT bikes? From your pictures, I believe they will fit OK. Thanks for the pictures and English link.

Rich

DAMN!!!! Did they happen to say whether or not they will be making them for the DCT?

I asked about that. No plans at the moment. I pointed out the DCT is more common overseas than domestically and that they could probably sell enough to make it worthwhile. The guy on the phone said he would pass that on to whoever is in charge of such stuff.

They probably would do better in a high speed crash than I would, although that ain't saying much.

I mostly wanted them to prevent my leg getting trapped under the bike in a tip over and to have a place to mount some lights later on. They're more what we used to call "crash bars" back before somebody thought up the term "engine guard".

I'm tempted to order a pair of these.

I think the switch from crash bar to engine guard was a decision made by legal departments at the manufacturers
All Things (Safety Oriented) Motorcycle - 023: Crash Bars

The evidence is mixed for their prevention of injuries in the kind of crashes that get reported, but I'd think most folks don't report anywhere when they have a low speed get-off and hurt their leg.

Interesting that an article on that topic includes references to guys names "Harms" and "Hurt". I can't imagine any rider idiot enough to think crash bars are going to do him any good if broadsided, so I can't imagine why he even mentions that.

He is wrong when he says no government has ever required them. When I was a teen, Tennessee required them for bikes operated by minors.

If a person had someone near them to translate, is there any reason to not order from he Japanese-language page and save a couple bucks? I ask because my bank will make the currency exchange for less.

If a person had someone near them to translate, is there any reason to not order from he Japanese-language page and save a couple bucks? I ask because my bank will make the currency exchange for less.

I'm afraid I really couldn't answer that. I've only ever ordered from the Japanese page myself. I don't recall if the address input handles overseas addresses or not. Or if it will calculate overseas shipping. They're already a rare site for shipping outside Japan anyway. Most businesses here absolutely will not bother with it.

EDIT:

I ran a mock order to check. From the Japanese language version of the site there is no provision for entering an address outside Japan. Strictly domestic.

Last edited:
sorry but I think that would buckle under the 1st impact.
the plates that the tube's are welded on to are to thin.
I've got a DCT and I did consider making some crash bars but got the jitters in case any thing goes wrong and I'll be liable.

Back