• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Koso Voltmeter/Air Temperature

Airfiddler

Reaction score
Visit site
When I sold my VFR, I found I really missed the air temperature readout on the dash. This Koso unit is available on ALIEXPRESS for not much money.
I hooked up the power wire to a switched fuse in the fuse box, and the ground to one of the screws that hold the Frunk in place. I had to drill a small hole
to hide the wires and route them to the fusebox. Use a multimeter to ensure you have a good ground connection. The unit comes on only when the ignition key is on, to avoid battery drain.
I think the unit looks pretty good, and is weatherproof, besides being protected by its location. The voltmeter is a nice addition, and is very accurate. Easy to read in daylight.
The air temp gauge seems reasonably accurate (+/- 1.5 degrees or so ). I don't believe there is a setting to change from Celsius to Fahrenheit, if that scale is what you are
familiar with. There are likely some available that read in both units. the blue cover on the bottom of the unit is a USB socket (left click on the photo to enlarge) This is a fun, easy to do mod.

Attachments

• 20220128_131117.jpg
    20220128_131117.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 45
  • 20210907_181000.jpg
    20210907_181000.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
It looks like it’s well set in shade under the instrument pod. That’s where I mounted an Oxford air temperature gauge. If the sun is low and behind, the shadow of the rider falls across the readout.

Back