• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Life Paint - Simply brilliant!

Cool looking! Ebay has one can for $149 or you can bid on another that is currently $88. Doesn't look like it is available in North America yet.

Fascinating product, and a great sales gimmick to boot- the need to reapply it after so many days use, especially under the typical circumstances where you would want to be covered in the stuff: rainy days. Not that I'm slagging the stuff, lol, but the inner cynic in me is ever restless :eek:

Cool.
Being a painter all my life, I have a few questions.
1) Where is an official link?
2) Is it permanent or can a clear coat be put on it to make it so?
3) Metal particles? Should we wear a respirator?
Last but definitely not least-
4) Does the frickin fracking gol durn EPA of the USA deem it safe for Americans?

Cool.
4) Does the frickin fracking gol durn EPA of the USA deem it safe for Americans?

I would hazard a guess that it was plastic versus metal or glass retro reflective beads or particles, and I think the ad said it washed off after about a week? I'm thinking if you rode in rainy conditions it might only last for a couple days. Applying a clearcoat would probably render the reflective qualities ineffective, but I can't claim anything with any confidence.

Cool.

That was my first thought too. Probably will make it impossible to import or maybe will demand a bigger can to hold all the warnings required for the common sense challenged i.e.

Do not spray in eyes
Do not ingest
Not for human consumption
Not a dessert topping
Do not spray around open flames
Not a toy
Can may be a choking hazard
Do not puncture can
Do not throw in fire
Do not use directly on skin
Do not spray on pets...or babies
Prolonged exposure has caused death in laboratory animals (or it might have just been old age or natural causes, we're not really sure but a rat died so it's probably bad and can kill you)

We are discussing this on another forum (Final Gear) and this stuff isn't permanent and it washes off easily in the rain.

I wonder if it can be made permanent with clearcoat spray/painted on top of that. I do want some but not for $100 a can. Maybe for $10 a can?

This was the post I was going to make but the web site does not seem to work.

It's NOT available here:

https://albedo100us.com/shop/

Here is an idea: Open season on forest rats (deer) with hunters using paint ball guns loaded with this stuff.

https://albedo100us.com/shop/horse-and-pets/

There is a UK site but they don't ship outside of Great Britain or Ireland.

http://www.albedo100.co.uk/product/invisible_bright/ib_reflective_spray.html

BUT! It is available here in Arizona:

http://www.solesportsrunning.com/albedo100-invisible-bright-reflective-spray-p1876.html

Last edited:
That was my first thought too. Probably will make it impossible to import or maybe will demand a bigger can to hold all the warnings required for the common sense challenged i.e.

Not a dessert topping

Prolonged exposure has caused death in laboratory animals (or it might have just been old age or natural causes, we're not really sure but a rat died so it's probably bad and can kill you)

lol lol lol :D

To those of you looking to make this product permanent. You used to be able to buy spray on clear reflective paint a few years back. I'm told it's ILLEGAL now, but I live in CT and your mileage may very. ;)

This stuff looks like it really works. I've tried the old krylon stuff, poor reflectivity and the tips clog up all the time.

Putting a clear coat over would lessen the reflectivity. Some of the light will get refracted in the coating. The best reflective stuff either has the microbeads exposed to the surface, and therefore suffers durability problems, or it's prismatic, so can't be applied as a coating.

There's a metallic colored one called metallic permanent that has the same ability as the semi-permanent version but is slightly gray if i see correctly they didn't advertise it nearly as much or have many views of it in daylight.

Back