• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

List it with the luggage, or without?

MZ5

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it may be time to list the NC for sale. I'm not commuting on it any more, nor do I ride for fun in the heat. Would you expect to get more, as a seller, by listing everything, or by selling things like the factory luggage separately?

If a private sale I'd list it with everything that sets it apart from all other bikes for sale but like andy said don't expect much for $$$ wise. Farkles just make it a better value in a crowd.

Dealer trade - strip everything off and list on forums or Craigslist.

Probably get more parting it out. Depending what your time's worth. For what its worth, I'm shopping for DR650 bike now, and would prefer it to have all the mods I like on it already.
I'll pay extra for one setup like I like it, not retail of course. Good luck!

Probably get more parting it out. Depending what your time's worth. For what its worth, I'm shopping for DR650 bike now, and would prefer it to have all the mods I like on it already.
I'll pay extra for one setup like I like it, not retail of course. Good luck!
Going to sidebar: Amazing how such an old design is still such a great choice for any ADV rider who actually values off-pavement abilities. too bad there's no real follow-up in the industry. What are you looking for in mods anyway?

Going to sidebar: Amazing how such an old design is still such a great choice for any ADV rider who actually values off-pavement abilities. too bad there's no real follow-up in the industry. What are you looking for in mods anyway?

Keeping this one simple. Engine protection, LED lighting, 6 gallon tank and soft luggage.

MZ5 Are you going to keep a bike, or take a break from riding?

Remove all the extras and sell them afterwards. You get a better price for them in the end.
Sold my Freewind without all the extras and got 400€ for the bike. I got 400€ in aftermarket parts and accessories, and still got to keep some for the NC :)

Not a lot of people will pay more for farkles from my experience.

My thinking is that I'm willing to do some work to get more return when I sell the bike but I'm not going to do disassembly / rewiring etc. So, when I sell the NC I will sell the luggage separately and any parts left over if I can (the original seat, the original shock, etc.). I won't be pulling the after-market shock out, taking off the luggage mounting hardware, or removing the extra lighting.

MZ5 Are you going to keep a bike, or take a break from riding?

I'd like to keep a bike. I have a Magna 750 at the moment which I _may_ put some more effort into. However, it's not a bike I'm finding easy to really get excited about due to limited lean angle and ludicrously short range (and the major, major PITA that is a a valve adjustment).

So, I guess we'll see?

I'm taking my PIAA LEDs off no matter what, as I would put some on an alternate bike, or my pickup, and it's foolish to sell them for pennies and pay for replacement. Trying to decide whether to take the HyperPro shock off. Not interested in removing the Gold Valves or springs, so they'll stay.

I'm away for work just now, so I'll figure it out when I get home.

Well it depends on a few things....
1. Are these Honda factory cases (limiting what bikes they will fit) or are they aftermarket that can be used on any bike?
2. Your next bike.... will you want cases on it, or on a future bike?

For reason #1 I would always recommend aftermarket cases.. as you can take them with you from bike to bike.
But sometimes you get a great deal with the factory cases, or maybe you just really like the look and that is what you really want so you end up with factory cases that are only going to fit on one bike or maybe a few bikes by that manufacturer.

If you have Honda cases... like others have said... you will probably get a little more by selling them separately BUT.... you may also have to wait a good while to sell either or both bike and cases separate. Spring is the time you could probably sell them relatively quickly.... summer and fall.... not so much..... winter.... forget it!

Try listing it whichever way you prefer first and see what happens and you can always change the listing adding or removing the cases and adjusting the price to see if it attracts more attention...

Back