• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Little headlight 'button' beneath the instrument cluster

WOM123

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a headlight with a wavy line through it. Has Off/On positions. I can't find anything in the manual....what does it do? Thx.

I’m guessing, without seeing your switch, that the wavy line indicates fog, as for a fog light switch.

I wondered. But only 'if so equipped' or aftermarket, correct?
For me to offer much more comment, you‘d need to state the year and model of your motorcycle. Are you the original owner or was the motorcycle acquired used? When you say you can find no mention in the manual, are you meaning in the Honda owner’s manual applicable to your Canada model/year? Is there any auxiliary lighting installed on the motorcycle?

I vaguely understand that there was an OEM accessory fog light kit offered in Europe for late models. The switch itself on your bike may or may not be OEM. The Honda fog light kit is not available in the USA. I don’t know about Canada.

Posting a photo of your switch would really help someone identify it.

It sounds like the "Foglight Switch" discussed in the installation and wiring thread shared by Cirrusly on March 10, 2023. In his post he identifies a OEM part number and a link to an overseas provider, part of which I've copied below:

Several of the things I'll cover in this post I learned from a previous post on this subject. Thanks to everyone who contributed there and helped point me in the right direction, in particular @mzflorida for doing the research on where to find the switch. It's not easy to find for sure! I thought I'd take a few minutes and put everything that I've learned about the switch installation and wiring in one post.

• The switch is Honda part number 08V02-MKA-D80 and it can be purchased here. CMS is in the Netherlands. It took about a week for the switch to ship (I'm assuming that they had to order it). CMS has a very nice website and they communicated very well regarding the order. Between the switch and FedEx international shipping the entire amount came to +- $40 USD. I have no idea why this switch is so hard to find and is not sold in the US. Thanks again @mzflorida

Back