• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Long time member FINALLY gets his new NC700X!!!!

Scooterman

Reaction score
Visit site
After lurking on all the motorcycle forums on the planet Earth(and some from beyond), I finally have my brand new 2014 NC700X in my garage!
I was really torn between the Honda and a Moto Guzzi V7 Stone. I think The frunk and the fact that the NC is made by Honda were the clincher. (Like Honda's dealer network.)
I've been riding about 40 years (20+ bikes) so this is not my first or re-entry bike. First impressions are great. Feels like my old Transalp in a way. But also feels like it should have a 21" front tire and high fender. Anyway, great forum and I'll go back to lurking. (Actually I'll be riding the tires off this new bike!)
Mike

Newcomer here too. I am rapidly approaching the 600 mile mark on my X. I took it to the interstate today and coming from a much bigger bike, I was curious of how the bike would ride at speed. I now have no doubt the bike will cruise at interstate speed+. I even caught a rain shower and it felt stable then too. The X has averaged 62 mpg for me and I ride rather aggressively.

Enjoy your bike.

Welcome, I too was a long time lurker although you have me beat by about year before jumping into the NC700X pool. I joined back in 2013 and just purchased my NC about 3 weeks ago and have also had too many bikes to remember over the past 25 years. Still trying to get used to the low redline just because I am not use to it but other then that, this is a sweet little bike, I am enjoying when I get time to ride. Ride safe

Congrats on the purchase. I bought mine last Tuesday, took delivery Friday and just cracked 538 miles in about 48 hours. The frunk is uh-mazing. I chuckled at it when I first looked but I would not imagine having it any other way. Happy trails from Denver, CO.

Welcome from H-town. I've had 30+ motorcycles since '66, 4 now but the NC could possibly be the last one I hold on to simply because it is the lightest and most practical for my later years. And yea, that frunk!

2 months short of 3 years between when you join the forum and purchasing the bike. Scooterman, you might have won the biggest lurker award! LOL

Welcome (officially) to the forum! And do speak up from time to time. With 20 years of riding experience, we'd love to hear your POV.

After lurking on all the motorcycle forums on the planet Earth(and some from beyond), I finally have my brand new 2014 NC700X in my garage!

Pics! Pics!

I never had a Transalp but I still harbor secret lust for one. I can sometimes be found watching transalp vids on youtube. :) That and BMW airheads.

I was really torn between the Honda and a Moto Guzzi V7 Stone. I think The frunk and the fact that the NC is made by Honda were the clincher. (Like Honda's dealer network.)
I've been riding about 40 years (20+ bikes) so this is not my first or re-entry bike. First impressions are great. Feels like my old Transalp in a way. But also feels like it should have a 21" front tire and high fender. Anyway, great forum and I'll go back to lurking. (Actually I'll be riding the tires off this new bike!)
Mike

First of all,congrats on buying a great motorcycle! I have every confidence you will be very happy with this bike. Second of, let me inform you that you are obvioulsy a right thinking American! Being an avowed guzzista, the fact that you even had that bike on your radar speaks volumes. I am currently considering what the next addition will be and the V7 is either number one or or two, depending on the day. the Ducati 821 is really making a strong case. Having ridden the new V7's for some miles, if you should ever decide to add a stablemate to your NC, you would be very happy!!:cool: Congratulations.....

I'll dig up some pictures. I think I have one of the Transalp around here still. I have more of the Beemer, RD350, CB550, etc... I wish I still had some of the old bikes. They are popular with the cafe crowd.

Back