• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Longer mod

If you raise the front forks two inches and install a 19 inch tire, the front is up three inches. To the suggestion of upside-down forks and better brakes, sweet stuff, but you are into four figures before that mod is finished. You would have to custom CNC-fab a triple tree. Hell, just steal the front end off of a KTM 990 SM-T. To lipsee I would suggest that the ride does not "suck" because of the small front wheel or a lack of suspension travel. Nearly six inches of travel is above average and 17 inch front wheels are the majority. The problem is in the fork valving.

However, before I put the RaceTech kit and Ohlins on my bike, I considered adding two inches front and rear to the bike with longer fork tubes and a combination of longer shock and shorter rear suspension links. This would have given more travel and ground clearance without changing the suspension geometry - similar to the difference between a BMW GS and a GS Adventure. I finally gave up on it as not necessary for my intended use of the bike.

I would agree that raising the front alone would slow the handling unacceptably. Be prepared to lengthen your center and side-stands.

Did you ever review your suspension upgrades here? I'd love to find out A. how much they cost, and B. what was improved. A link to such an existing thread would be great! I was hoping the bike would be more cushy in warmer weather but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Yes and I read about your mods on the forks,,I just like biggger front wheels,they ride over bumps so much better..I do,nt know about affecting the handling unacceptably,,its a balance..I like the tipping point more towards ride, then handling..

Did you ever review your suspension upgrades here? I'd love to find out A. how much they cost, and B. what was improved. A link to such an existing thread would be great! I was hoping the bike would be more cushy in warmer weather but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Yes, but I have run my mouth so much on this forum I can't always find what I have said. I gave the specs towards the end of the Extreme Farkling Begins thread. Several people have installed the RaceTech emulators and they all achieved the same result. You can do it yourself inexpensively or send the forks to RaceTech and let them do it. There are several discussions on how and how well the emulators work and what is really wrong with the stock suspension.

GsVs was looking at a front suspension product called Ricor Intiminators, but I never heard what came of it.

For the rear, I installed an Öhlins S46DR1 rear shock ordered from Solomotoparts with springing and valving set up for my weight and riding style.

If you raise the front forks two inches and install a 19 inch tire, the front is up three inches. To the suggestion of upside-down forks and better brakes, sweet stuff, but you are into four figures before that mod is finished. You would have to custom CNC-fab a triple tree. Hell, just steal the front end off of a KTM 990 SM-T. To lipsee I would suggest that the ride does not "suck" because of the small front wheel or a lack of suspension travel. Nearly six inches of travel is above average and 17 inch front wheels are the majority. The problem is in the fork valving.

However, before I put the RaceTech kit and Ohlins on my bike, I considered adding two inches front and rear to the bike with longer fork tubes and a combination of longer shock and shorter rear suspension links. This would have given more travel and ground clearance without changing the suspension geometry - similar to the difference between a BMW GS and a GS Adventure. I finally gave up on it as not necessary for my intended use of the bike.

I would agree that raising the front alone would slow the handling unacceptably. Be prepared to lengthen your center and side-stands.

I come to this bike from cruisers, so what may be unacceptable to you may be barely noticeable to me! :)
I just hope they get those extensions back soon so I can check it out for myself. Besides, having such a new bike in the garage and not being able to even ride to work is just wrong!!
Would love to do the goldtech valves to smooth the forks, but its not in the budget right now, won't be too long though, it is on the to do list.

Back