• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking at NC700X this weekend -- simple maintenance looks real easy

Would I try electric again? Yes, but not a Zero.
There's the conundrum. I rarely buy new bikes, mostly because I may end up selling a recently acquired bike in a few months, maybe because I got tired of it or just ended up not liking it. This could easily happen with this NC700X -- if I buy it. Can't do that after buying a new bike, otherwise I'll blow too much money. So, no used ZEROs. And even if there were, it's a risky high dollar purchase, even used. If I buy a new one, and we're talking $16,000+ for what I would want, with the warranty, I may tire of it after a few months and then what? I either have to grit my teeth and keep it or sell at a (sometimes very large) loss. Well, I'll put electric bikes on the back burner for now . . . .

There's the conundrum. I rarely buy new bikes, mostly because I may end up selling a recently acquired bike in a few months, maybe because I got tired of it or just ended up not liking it.

The Zero was a huge investment for what it is, a motorcycle. I paid over $21k for an SR with the intentions of owning it for about 10 years, mainly for commuter duty. My employer encouraged its employs to drive EVs and offered free charging while you worked. I did just that for at least 4 days a week and would ride my gas bike once a week to give the pony some exercise sort of speak.

When the bike was classified as a "LEMON", I got 80% of that amount back. I pulled a Steve Miller and took the money and ran...

Well, I can't drive up there this weekend as I planned. Family stuff got in the way of my motorcycle purchasing -- can you imagine that? I'm outraged. ;)

Seriously, I'll try to get up there next weekend.

Last edited:
Well, I saw my way clear to go up today and purchase this 2013 NC700X. It's now home. Took the hard bags off and stored them -- don't need them for my style of riding. Here is a pic in front of my garage.
.IMG_0875.jpg

Congrats, Tars!!! Nice looking ride. Give it some time and miles. Mine is taking a while to grow on me but the more miles I put on it, the more I'm really liking it!

Is it a DCT model? Can't tell from the pic.

Congrats, Tars!!! Nice looking ride. Give it some time and miles. Mine is taking a while to grow on me but the more miles I put on it, the more I'm really liking it!

The pic shows it to be a manual transmission.

Thank you. I'm sure I will like it.

Manual transmission.

Well, I saw my way clear to go up today and purchase this 2013 NC700X. It's now home. Took the hard bags off and stored them -- don't need them for my style of riding. Here is a pic in front of my garage.
.View attachment 35562
If you don't think you will ever use those bags let me know. I have the rear trunk on already and I only need the bags and bag mounts if you ever want to part with them!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CONGRATS on the getting the bike.

I was not convinced from your previous post that you were going get the bike.

Be aware of the rev limiter as it will come on before you know it. It got me the first time I rode the manual model before I got the DCT. I think it will come on at about 6,500. When it does, it will seem like the world is coming to an end and catches you by suprise.

CONGRATS on the getting the bike.

I was not convinced from your previous post that you were going get the bike.
This is my 50th motorcycle -- in 50+ years of riding. I never know when I will buy a new (to me) bike or sell one. They're just things and I soon tire of them and want a different thing. Buying used allows me to get away with this with minimal financial hurt -- sometimes I break even -- sometimes I even make money.

Be aware of the rev limiter as it will come on before you know it. It got me the first time I rode the manual model before I got the DCT. I think it will come on at about 6,500. When it does, it will seem like the world is coming to an end and catches you by suprise.
I'm a short-shifter -- the rev-limiter and I will probably never meet.

Last edited:
This is my 50th motorcycle -- in 50+ years of riding. I never know when I will buy a new (to me) bike or sell one. They're just things and I soon tire of them and want a different thing. Buying used allows me to get away with this with minimal financial hurt -- sometimes I break even -- sometimes I even make money.

I'm a short-shifter -- the rev-limiter and I will probably never meet.

icon_.gif

I have yet to meet a cycle owner that is EVER 100% satisfied with their rides, myself included!!! No matter what bike, you can listen to all the forums and there's always some complaint. "Honda should have done ____!", "Suzuki would have sold more if they included ___ !", "After all these years my Harley still leaks oil!", etc...

Goes to show how a motorcycle really is something that is different depending on the rider.

I've had my NC for a week more than you've had yours. I've been riding it every chance I get and I'm liking it more and more every day. I wasn't so sure a few days after I bought it but, at this point, it's almost 85% a keeper. We shall see after I ride one of those Kawasaki Versys'.

I've had mine for 17,000 miles.

I am not really a car/engine mechanical person by any means (my car goes to the dealer), but with the correct tools (torque wrenches) and the factory service manual you will never have to take the NC to the dealer for service.

I have done: 2 oil changes, 1 front/rear tire change, 1 chain and sprockets change, 1 brake fluid / bleed change, 1 caliper cleaning, gold valve in the front shocks, rear nitron shock, 1 air filter change, 1 valve adjustment, replaced the frunk lock, numerous farkles requiring all plastics to be removed and replaced, various bolt ons etc...

BTW just checked on the chain recall for the 2012 model and it seems the RK chains could fail but the DID chains were

Not included in the recall.

Back