• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lower foot pegs

One of the guys on the forum from Seattle has a solution. He made a cover that mounts below the radiator and added foot pegs. Looked pretty comfortable. I think his username is HondaPro or HondabikePro.

One of the guys on the forum from Seattle has a solution. He made a cover that mounts below the radiator and added foot pegs. Looked pretty comfortable. I think his username is HondaPro or HondabikePro.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/1187-nc700-skid-plate.html See post # 101 for pics.

I think you are talking about my bike. When we mounted HONDABIKEPRO's skid plate on my bike, we added a set of highway pegs. They are OK. The position is not optimum. Being too close to the bike the engine prevents me from getting my whole foot on the peg. It works but not for hours. I'd mount the highway pegs to the forward frame if I really needed them for longer rides.

I have THE vario foot pegs. Got the 30mm drop and the super grip pegs. They help. Dropped my knee down about an inch. I thought they are pricy but they are well made. Wish they had a wider peg more like the stock NC peg. Doing the seat slope mod made more difference than the pegs. Highway pegs are definitely in my future.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/1187-nc700-skid-plate.html See post # 101 for pics.

I think you are talking about my bike. When we mounted HONDABIKEPRO's skid plate on my bike, we added a set of highway pegs. They are OK. The position is not optimum. Being too close to the bike the engine prevents me from getting my whole foot on the peg. It works but not for hours. I'd mount the highway pegs to the forward frame if I really needed them for longer rides.

Like this??.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366594931.458394.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know how to tell what pegs will fit on the NC700x?

I'm considering THESE, but I don't know if they will fit on the existing mounts.

They say they are 1/4" x 28. What does the NC use?

Anyone know how to tell what pegs will fit on the NC700x?

I'm considering THESE, but I don't know if they will fit on the existing mounts.

They say they are 1/4" x 28. What does the NC use?

Those won't work. I mean you could *make* them work somehow lol, anything's possible, but those won't just "bolt on".

1/4" that's the threaded bolt sticking out the end, size, in diameter. I've never seen a motorcycle footpeg bracket assembly that something like that would just thread into, and I sure as heck wouldn't trust it if it did! :eek:

A motorcycle footpeg bracket is a U channel, with a tubular or cast aluminum peg, that slots into the U, and then a bolt or pin couples them together. (very roughly the quick and dirty explanation)

Those won't work. I mean you could *make* them work somehow lol, anything's possible, but those won't just "bolt on".

1/4" that's the threaded bolt sticking out the end, size, in diameter. I've never seen a motorcycle footpeg bracket assembly that something like that would just thread into, and I sure as heck wouldn't trust it if it did! :eek:

A motorcycle footpeg bracket is a U channel, with a tubular or cast aluminum peg, that slots into the U, and then a bolt or pin couples them together. (very roughly the quick and dirty explanation)

Yeah. Clicking on the Fitment tab, those are for a Harley Davidson.

uHH..... I don't understand.... sooo....what measurements fit the nc? If you buy pegs, how do you know they will fit?

uHH..... I don't understand.... sooo....what measurements fit the nc? If you buy pegs, how do you know they will fit?

Look at the footpegs on your bike, and how they attach to their brackets. How they pivot, and the coil spring placement to allow for lateral movement. It will be pretty self evident.

Now imagine holding up one of those footpegs you were wanting to buy, to replace the stock footpeg.

See how it cannot work? It would be like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

As far as what types of pegs and what kinds *will* work, that is a little more complicated. You can ferret out some options on the internet that explicitly state: "For Honda NC700X" or you can measure the applicable dimensions of your footpegs and their brackets, and try and match up to other bikes. This can be tough if you are not really familiar with bikes.

I have 2011 CBR1000RR footpegs on my 2007 CBR125R, for example, but I knew how much to file off them, and where, to get them to fit.

Buell foot pegs are less than $50 and many riders of all brands look to these for the 1 inch solution. Buell Footpegs Modification - Modifications - VFR Discussion

I like the Buell Ulysses pegs better. They fit the NC very well and if you can still find a set, they retailed for $35. I tried them out on my NC just for S&G's because I had some on hand, but I never took them off. They're quite comfy.
2414d1357703915-buell-ulysses-pegs-img_20130108_220047.jpg

I ordered foot pegs after seeing your posts. I ordere the Bikemaster Pillion footpegs.... I wonder if you could help me figure out how to mount them securely to the frame? How did you mount them?

Those are the ones I have mounted to my skid plate. Showkey has similar pegs on his skidplate mounted the same way as mine. NorthwestRider welded his to a U clamp and mounted them that way. Find his method here: http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/1975-diy-highway-pegs.html Showkey's pegs are in the same thread.

Last edited:
Back