• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lower Foot Pegs

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I'd like to lower the pegs, and if possible, wider for a more comfortable footing. I won't be off-roading. Wider, lower, and more forward would be best. I'm trying to straighten out the knee bend. I ride long miles sometimes. I'm not a road racer. I don't lean as much as possible, and have never come close to scraping the stock pegs.

I only know of the SM-Motech pegs. These look promising. Price is not a factor. Any others I should take a look at?

Thank you,
Rocket.

I lowered mine 40mm but they are narrow. It made a significant improvement. I think wide ones would make too much contact with the road. I touch my feet to the road regularly when banking in a corner but lets me know to slow down a bit.

I think you hit the nail on the head with needing them forward. I think this is the issue with the nc not so much the height but they are located too far back.
when mine goes off warranty I may try to build my own triangle that mounts the pegs and move them forward. A big project. Another wtf to Honda. It's like they took a cbr stance and added some high bars.

I bought some inexpensive ones off ebay and I'm happy with them. They are adjustable forward or back but you loose drop when doing that. Also you can just barely get the brake leaver and light switch adjusted to a 40mm drop and the drop results in the peg sitting out further so you have to bend the leavers to align them with the pegs.

Go for it, a good mod

Beemerphile had good luck with these from eBay. Here's a thread about them. I'm probably going to give them a try, as my knees are too old for long-distance comfort with stock peg placement. I really like the pins they use to keep them from slipping/turning.

I have the MFW Vario pegs and am very pleased with them. You will have to adjust the brake pedal, and one thing with these pegs is that due to the design, they stick out just a bit further from the bike and my foot has to 'reach' for the brake pedal (I have DCT so no idea how much I'd have to reach for the clutch). One of these days I'll make a mod for the brake peg.

Last edited:
Back