• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Madstad deflectors install

From that angle, they look like they will block a lot of wind.

What is that on top of your brake res?
It is an industrial velcro strip for my EZ Pass. I did not have the black one ... Need to get it.

I think I got one of the first Madstad shields with the deflectors about 1.5 months ago. I was also surprised to see them because they weren't mentioned on the website for the NC700X.

I installed the shield, but the deflectors wouldn't fit because the bend angle was wrong and they would have gouged into the bike's bodywork when installed. I contacted them and they sent out a revised set of deflectors that also didn't work. I sent them a picture of the problem with the installation and a week later they sent out a new shield mount plate (with the nutplates at a different angle). Looks like the system works now. :)

I haven't had a chance to take the old shield system apart and install the new mount plate, so I haven't been able to post pictures or report how well they work. Plus, it's been very hot for Seattle and I wouldn't want the deflectors on there anyway. ;)

If you don't mind me asking, how much is the new screen?

I saw fuzzy's and kind of like it. I think it would be better than the Puig I have on there now.

If you don't mind me asking, how much is the new screen?

I saw fuzzy's and kind of like it. I think it would be better than the Puig I have on there now.

The whole system was $294.95 plus shipping. Actually Puig with Puig deflectors is what I had before Madstad.
Did not ride the Madstad yet, but do expect it to be better as well.

Hi guys,

I bought a new MadStad in March and regardless of how I adjusted it, I still experienced buffeting around my helmet. I talked with Mark at MadStad several times and he sent a pre-production deflector kit to me in May to try and to offer suggestions for changes to the final product. I have about 1000 miles on the deflectors now and they have completely stopped the buffeting.

I'm out of town now and will return on 7/27. When I get back I'll write a detailed review with pictures. If you are interested, contact Mark for availability and pricing.

Rich

I have the deflector (adjustable visor)on the Puig and am happy with it.
Even though I like the Madstat, I like my mileage so will probably just stay content.

Hi guys,

I bought a new MadStad in March and regardless of how I adjusted it, I still experienced buffeting around my helmet. I talked with Mark at MadStad several times and he sent a pre-production deflector kit to me in May to try and to offer suggestions for changes to the final product. I have about 1000 miles on the deflectors now and they have completely stopped the buffeting.

I'm out of town now and will return on 7/27. When I get back I'll write a detailed review with pictures. If you are interested, contact Mark for availability and pricing.

Rich

picture would be nice, the more the better.

so we have one confirmation to show that they work and there is a purpose. i love a company that keeps on improving.

can you tell us a bit more about your height? what size was your screen?

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Rich

WH, do you deflectors look anything like mine in the pictures?

I've had the Madstad for over a year, and just ordered the updated parts to add the deflectors to mine...will post up once I've got them, and installed them...

I've had the Madstad for over a year, and just ordered the updated parts to add the deflectors to mine...will post up once I've got them, and installed them...

What did you have to order and what was the cost?

I have the deflector (adjustable visor)on the Puig and am happy with it.
Even though I like the Madstat, I like my mileage so will probably just stay content.

I get better gas mileage with my Madstad over the small factory screen and the factory touring screen. The concept of the Madstad screen is to create a laminar flow over the bike and rider, eliminating the vacuum behind the windscreen. I would venture a guess, it probably out performs most screens large or small for mileage.

Hi guys,

Rich

I was an early adopter (w/o the deflectors) and my 20" adventure model totally did away with all the buffeting stuff. Here it is with it's black anti-glow paint on the bottom.

adventure-small.jpg

Now when I go to the Madstad NC700 page, the only option is the Sport SD. Just wondering if the funky shape of the adventure screen reduces the buffeting issues some of you guys are having?

Back