• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MadStad Frosted?

DBLXX

Reaction score
Visit site
Was just about to purchase one and saw a photo of what it looks like.

Does it look this bad installed? Do the darker tints also get this treatment? Can I opt out of this process?

Thanks

Last edited:
Also.....

Are the winglets includes?

I am 5’10” with a 28/29” inseam. Should I go for the 18 or 20?

I don’t like ever looking through the shield.

Thanks

Just so you know, the bottom of the Madstad screen is frosted because, since the screen sits out front of the headlight, there are distracting headlight reflections on the back of the screen when riding at night. Those of us that bought the early Madstads sometimes painted the lower back side black to eliminate the reflections.

From the Madstad site:

What's included in the kit
Our complete drop-in system is custom-made for your bike and includes everything needed to mount and position the shield. Your bike will not require any modification.

• MadStad adjustable brackets
  • The acrylic windshield (lower section frosted)
  • Pair of acrylic side deflectors with brackets
The custom shield bolts to the brackets out in front of your instrument cluster. With the shield separated from the front of the bike you can adjust it for the optimum height, angle and airflow. This lets you set the shield for your particular height and riding position while pulling lots of air underneath it which is critical for smooth comfortable wind protection.
Size and Color
While the MadStad windshield systems are fully adjustable, we recommend starting with the appropriate shield size relative to rider height. The width of all our NC700X shields at their widest point (as measured straight across the back) is 18.5 inches (47 cm) and they have been designed to avoid interference with hand guards.
RIDER HEIGHTSHIELD SIZE
5'8" to 5'10" (173 - 178 cm)18" (450 mm)
5'11" to 6'1" (180 - 185 cm)20" (500 mm)
6'2" and taller (187+ cm)22" (550 mm)

These are general recommendations and can vary depending on your inseam, seat height and riding position. We can also accommodate extra short or tall riders by special request.
NOTE: All NC700X windshields now come with the lower section frosted on the back side to diffuse headlight reflections. Not all of the photos here show this feature but this is how they are shipping.

Last edited:
I saw the sizing chart....appreciate it.

More interested in opinions from those in the know.

Thanks

Does it come with the Winglets?

That's why I posted the Madstad info page above (sorry, not trying to be smart a$s). It says under What's included in the kit

* Pair of acrylic side deflectors with brackets

Last edited:
You can alway ask if they'll omit the frosting. I have the medium grey unfrosted and the headlight reflection is pretty evident, even during the day.

You can alway ask if they'll omit the frosting. I have the medium grey unfrosted and the headlight reflection is pretty evident, even during the day.

Thanks Harvey (my dads name).

I ordered the extra dark and think it won’t be as noticible with that dark a tint. I only ride during the day and always look over the shield.

Thanks for the direction.

Heh. The older Madstad shield on TD's NC has no frosting and the upper edge "fiber optic" effect was so strong she declined to ride in the dark until the lower edge got a layer of 3M Tartan electrical tape, which completely fixed the issue.
Trying to figure out how to paint black spray-can PlastiDip on the edge as a final solution, which the Madstad customer service guy recommended along with black paint or I think even marker.

Back