• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Madstad reflection

kpedad

Reaction score
Visit site
So the the Madstad screen actually sits in front of the headlight a bit. At night this causes the light to reflect up onto the screen in prefect detail, and causes the upper edge to turn into a line of light across my vision. Adjusting the shield so it is as straight up as possible helps, but doesn't fix it, and makes it out of adjustment for me.

Any Madstad owners have a solution? I'm considering some flat black paint on the lower edge and bottom portion of the screen. I've also got an email into Madstad to see what they recommend.

Yes, let us know what Madstad suggests. I wish they would black out the bottom couple inches of the screen like Givi does. Well that what I did. I painted the back bottom two inches with Rustoleum textured black for plastic. Looks good and solves the problem.

You can see what I did in this photo (left bike).
View attachment 17647

I painted only the back side. That way the front is smooth and easy to clean. I also painted the edges in the same area so light wouldn't conduct up through the screen.

I don't have the Madstad, but IIRC there was a thread on the forum several months back talking about the light reflection. I seem to recall a few posters recommending spray painting the bottom of the back side and lower edges of the windshield with Plasti-Coat (not sure of the spelling, might be more like Plasti-Kote). They liked that better than paint because it can be peeled off if you make a mistake or decide later that you want to try something different. I think it may have been in one of the threads with Madstad in the title, but I'm not sure.

Bob

Back