• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Madstad Windshield

I'm planning to install Madstad brackets, but with Cee Baileys screen

Was wondering if somebody has Honda tall screen metal bracket part number?
still not sure if, I can get that without screen, looks like it comes as part of a set

Would like to have more support for the screen
and other thing metal bracket can be used, as GPS mount

Thanks

The Honda Touring screen metal mounting bracket is NOT available as a separate part. I have an extra one for sale.. Mounting bracket with Honda nut plates.....$35.00 plus shipping.

IMG_2152.JPGIMG_2153.JPG

Last edited:
I'm planning to install Madstad brackets, but with Cee Baileys screen

Was wondering if somebody has Honda tall screen metal bracket part number?
still not sure if, I can get that without screen, looks like it comes as part of a set

Would like to have more support for the screen
and other thing metal bracket can be used, as GPS mount

Thanks

The metal bracket for the Honda tall screen is NOT sold separately. Sorry.

Nut plates from Madstad arrived today. The rubber washers seem unnecessary - I will probably delete them.

IMG_0691_2.jpg

They do, but that is behind the instrument cluster where scratches cannot be easily seen. I still haven't installed them, but I will try the suggested way first. If the screen continues to rattle at low speed, I'll replace the rubber washer with a plain washer.

I redrilled mine to lower it. It works so good I think it is one of the best windshields I have ever had. If you drill it you must drill very slow I chipped mine the drill bit went through so fast on first hole. As far the mounting make sure well nuts are in all the way. The one failure took place within 15 miles of mounting it. Looking at his picture close the well nut is tighten even with the plastic piece that snap into mounting plate, the nut itself should extend beyond the mounting plate. Take a flashlight look up behind windshield mount you should be able to see wellnut. I have pushed pulled on mine till windshield was bending and I thought I mine break it. That being said the custom nut plate is a beautifully engineered item that will never fail.

How much higher did you drill the holes? I'm thinking three inches?

Thanks! What kind of drill bit/size did you use? I can't see in the rain and I need to fix this soon. It's really getting on my nerves!
5/16 I think is the size of hole. You must drill very slowly the plastic seems to suck the bit in so fast it cracks through the back side. If you can stop just before it goes through then drill from back side. Maybe look into the correct way to do it. I ended up with some chips but they cannot be seen once mounted.

For drilling plastic use drills made for glass from Home Depot that look like a shovel spade. Or take a small india stone and stone a flat on the very front of the cutting edge of a regular drill. That will keep the drill from screwing into the plastic as it cuts through the other side and cracking plastic on it's way through. rj

Thanks! What kind of drill bit/size did you use? I can't see in the rain and I need to fix this soon. It's really getting on my nerves!

Way too late for the OP, but anyway, the bit I used was a brad point wood bit. Makes a perfect clean hole. Just don't push too hard, especially when you're about all the way through the plastic.
images.jpg
brad-point.jpg

Does anyone have hand guard with the MadStat, I'm wondering if the hand guards would hit the screen.

I have hand guards on mine, and no, they do not hit the screen, the Madstat System, sets the windshield further forward, which gains you clearance for hand guards...Not a great pic, but you can see the Moose Racing Hand Guards I have on it...
DEF-1.jpg

Does anyone have hand guard with the MadStat, I'm wondering if the hand guards would hit the screen.

I have the 20" screen with the Trackside hand guards from Cyclegear. The plastic shields on both hand guards hit the screen on my bike. I ordered a set of Rox risers which should fix the problem.

I have the 20" screen with the Trackside hand guards from Cyclegear. The plastic shields on both hand guards hit the screen on my bike. I ordered a set of Rox risers which should fix the problem.

I have the Trackside guards, the Madstad screen, and 2" Rox risers. There is plenty of clearance between the guards and the screen.

I have the Trackside guards, the Madstad screen, and 2" Rox risers. There is plenty of clearance between the guards and the screen.
Even with the Tusk risers ( 1.2")- the trackside guards don't hit the madstad. I think mine has 1/4"+ of clearance on either side.

Back