• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Modified Stock Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDRIDR

Reaction score
Visit site
So after researching several aftermarket slip-on exhausts for my nc700, I would love to acquire the GPR Deep tone Carbon. One problem $$$$$$. So I went with the poor man's alternative drill out my stock muffler. Pulled the muffler off the bike. Took a 12 inch long drill bit 1/2 inch size and drilled out about 5 holes in the baffle in a circular pattern. Then took a breaker bar about the same length with a hammer and punched out the center of it. Sounds a little bit better, but not a big change. I then switched out to a shorter drill bit and 1/4 inch in diameter. With a punch and a hammer went all the way around the end cap with about a half inch of space between each dimple made. I drilled were the dimple was made. Drill through the end cap and the metal wall about a 1/4 inch in from the end cap. Did two rows of these in an offset design kind of resembling a honey comb. Sand it down and painted the end cap in a flat black header thermal paint. Looks nice and sounds amazing compared to the stock sound. It's a nice deep tone similar to like a Ducati. I will post a picture and video once I'm home. ;)

Sorry guys I'm having difficulty loading the video from my smartphone. Any tips and help would be nice. The only thing I can think of is emailing the video to whoever is interested in seeing it.

Old can ride you are right there not suppose to be home. Wish I had a longer ride too work now.:eek:

Sounds like a good deal. :p
What about long term mpg and engine longevity?
I am guessing that is ok, since it is a well built Honda anyway.
I am also waiting eagerly for your pics and videos.
:p

Sorry guys been busy with work. I was trying to post it on youtube but darn android phone is acting up. I'm in the stone age and do not have a computer at home no need for it.. Well I guess this is a need;). Well I have gone through 4 fill ups since I bought my nc. First two were with no mods and averaged 62.5 mpg. Third.fill up half of the ride was with the mod exhaust and pulled in 66.5 mpg. I'll let you guys know what happens on this tank. 98% of my riding is highway at 75-80mph. Im not a Honda mechanic but if a aftermarket slip on won't hurt the bike Im sure a mod'd stock muff won't hurt it.

I'll take pics n post today...at least try too hahaha. Worst case scenario ill take a trip to the library tomorrow and do work:cool:.

This is what I had been thinking of doing since I just can't afford the Leo Vince. I really want to see (and hear) what you ended up with, I had my drill out the other day but a trip to the E.R. kind of put a kibosh on me getting anything done.

Oh yeah and I found out that the video that I took appereantly is in a format not supported by the website .....soooo I made changes to the settings hopefully that way I dont have to take the trip to the Library. Ill shoot another vid when im out of work.... Man it feels like I work too much need more time to ride.:cool:

Waiting at my keyboard. I have the bits and drill sitting on the bench and am ready to go as soon as I see what you ended up with. I may try your pattern or one of my own. This sounds like fun on a bun, heck I may sand and paint the whole unit while I have it off, got to see what paint pattern might be cool.

I do and will try too post them later today. I have two pics and will take some better ones later. Darn work has to get in the way. hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back