• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Moto-Mule Trailer, err RV, err Trailer!

Nofear2trek

Elite Member
Reaction score
Usually on my 50ft liveaboard (tiny house) yacht t
Visit site
Mike (https://www.facebook.com/MotoMule) finished my additional custom upgrades to my moto-mule heavy duty trailer last week. Upgrades included additional rear mounted trailer stands and a newly configured swing arm so I can mount a duplicate NC700X rear wheel on the trailer. This guy is great, never rolling eyes when listening to my ideas that he turns into reality!

image.jpg

I got back home with it and got my TKC80's on (thanks again Ben-bendobe), one mounted on the front wheel and the other mounted on the trailer. The power rear wheel is now the Shinko 705. This will be my pavement configuration. With the rear stands now, I can easily raise the trailer wheel off the ground, and with the center stand on the bike, I can swap wheels in about 15 minutes. On road to off road configurations, back and forth, easy peesy.

image.jpg

Now to something else I had been thinking about. Sometimes I have wanted to pull off into a rest area for a few hours of 'rest' like cagers do. The following is what I came up with.

image.jpg

A few pieces of 1/4 inch plywood attached to make a bed foundation. With front and rear trailer stands down, they bear my 225 lbs, 6'4" frame and not any suspension components.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ray

Last edited:
Lots of good ingenuity demonstrated in that apparatus!

I stop at truck stops during the day when I need some rest. Go into the TV room, set on the couch and sleep in a/c comfort. Also, some days I go to a movie and snore through the entire flick in a/c comfort.

Finished my third nite on the road spending the nites in rest stops. I am in Minnesota now and slept late (7am) this morning. It was light out already so took some more photos.

Fully set up in RV configuration.

image.jpg

Under the new waterproof Nelson-Rigg Def2000-05 XXL motorcycle cover. (Both covers are XXL.)

image.jpg image.jpg

Good view of my very comfortable, but a bit too large, Nemo Cosmo Air Sleeping Pad 30XL.

image.jpg

Berth foundation uses three 12" wide 1/4 inch boards bolted together, laid over three 6" wide 1/4 inch plywood strips. Bungeed to keep them in place over hard points of the Pelican Storm case.

image.jpg

Ray

Last edited:
Here is all the hardware of the berth foundation and cover support poles.

image.jpg

Plywood fits in unused space between the cage and the case.

image.jpg

Everything packed and ready to roll again, high speed, low drag.

image.jpg

I am now at my destination in Minnesota. After four days and three nites on the road, I stopped for a nice long hot shower at a Pilot Travel Center ($12.00). Clean clothes and a shower, s***, and a shave, now fresh as a daisy again!

Ray

Last edited:
I do agree that the Pilot travel centers are great. Not just for truckers, but for us bikers also. I have had long haul truckers give me one of their shower passes they get with each fill up. Also, good food at most travel centers and a tv room..

Last edited:
Excellent set , Ray. Have you timed your tent setup? Just a regular pace. Not a "oh crap! here comes a storm" pace.

Excellent set , Ray. Have you timed your tent setup? Just a regular pace. Not a "oh crap! here comes a storm" pace.
I was hoping for a 10-15 minute setup. I haven't hit that mark yet. I pull into a rest area when it is dark after a full day of riding. I usually fumble the bolts and nuts a few times assembling the planks, have to find them, as I poke along. I like to say I have more time than money, so don't mind it taking a while to set up. Luckily I have avoided any rain, but am sure that luck will change on my way to Florida. Maybe best time is about 30 minutes, but usually a bit more. Although the m/c cover is waterproof, heavy rain will probable have me heading to a motel for the nite.

Ray

Last edited:
Yes, but no one else but Ray has all these opinions. With all the extra carrying space, Ray could just carry a 3 man tent rain fly, and not have to worry about rain no matter how hard. Good rain flys do keep the rain out, no matter how hard.

Been wanting one of those trailers. Was wondering how the new " heavy duty trailers " would pull with the 700, must be just fine. I use a Mosko Moto bag for now. Gets me by just fine. But I also pack the ENO hammock, tarp and under quilt , kind of done with sleeping on the ground. Sets up in no time at all and can use it as a chair. No tent or pad to back saves alot of room.

The basic concept of having the 'RV' version is to stealth camp in rest areas without looking like I am camping. I try to park next to a cager sleeping in their car (which is common practice) and give the appearance of just a m/c with its cover on. As OCR knows, I carry a cot, air mattress, stove, folding table, high back folding chair, a bulletproof Mutha hubba, and a 12 by 12 screen room for camping in authorized camping areas. So far this 'RV' version has saved me money (no motel bills or headaches of preplanning reservations). If I am tired, I just pull into a rest area and rest like a cager can. With minimum hardware to carry, I am happy to have this capability, but this capability isn't my primary method of m/c camping. There is m/c camping, and then there is m/c camping comfortably. I prefer the latter.

Hillbilly Hangout III

image.jpg image.jpg

Key West

image.jpg

2nd HU Virginia Meeting at Appomattox

image.jpg

Ray

Last edited:
Back