• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Motorcycle Safety Foundation

In your opinion, would you be able to have done the same on the NC (with appropriate tires)?
Yes but no. There is not enough ground clearance on stock NC.
Even with the additional 3"+ ground clearance on my AT, it was hitting the center stand in several obstacles,
especially the 3-stair climb out of the rock bed and riding over the logs.
The rest of the course, like riding the trails would be easier on the NC.
I had asked to bring my NC last year,
but they did not approve as it is not suitable in stock form. Mainly ground clearance.
I know it is not a set rule, just one instructors opinion, but I agreed and did not pursue it.
But when I brought my AT, I was welcomed.

[...the H-D class is merely a class after which you still have to take the state test...I took the class at one H-D dealer and had to go to another on another day to test and then take the paper to the DMV to get my license...Techrat]

The rules vary from state-to-state. In OH, the H-D dealer's course is identical to the normal, state-offered course so successful completion provides a simple (but expensive!) path to a motorcycle endorsement. There is no national standard for training & endorsement so you need to call your local governmental entity.

In OH the state course is only $50 vs several hundred for the H-D course. The riding and classroom segments are the same but the H-D course spends lot of time in the bike showroom, looking at H-D apparel, etc. Friends who teach both types of courses call the H-D course "a sales program," which it is. :rolleyes:

Just for fun.
Here is my sequel to the Trail Riding Day with my CRF1000LD:
[video=youtube_share;WazkhZjqaDE]https://youtu.be/WazkhZjqaDE[/video]

Hi, Techrat. Here in Florida MTII offers the BRC at Harley Davidson tracks. I just took mine at Six Bends. 99.00 for vets and LEO. I am both. No to say that your information is incorrect by any means. Just my experience here in Florida. Worth five times that. I did dump the bike once...stuck the throttle on accident avoidance flicks. Hopefully, that was the only time!!! We are lucky in Florida as once you take the tests, written and road, they push the data to DHSMV. Show up and get the endorsement.

Back