• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mufflers.

Drifter

Reaction score
Visit site
There are a few sound tracks on utube and new cans popping up all the time, so have you changed yours if so what brand and cost, did you notice any change in performance or gas mileage?

What is the weight of the stock muffler and the weight of the replacement?

I put the Leo Vince on mine. No change in the performance or mileage. The cat is still on the back pressure is still there. The only difference I've noticed is it sounds like a motorcycle instead of a sewing machine. I didn't weigh either exhaust but just by picking them up I would say 4 to 6 lbs savings.

Does anyone know of a slip on for the NC that isn't slathered in logos? I'd like to put a new exhaust on, but am not interested in looking like a Nascar racer.

No logo on my Beowulf. I asked for no logo when I ordered it.

Stock weighs 3.6 kg and the Beowulf is about 2.8 kg. Feels like the bike has better acceleration in the higher rev zone.

This is it http://www.beowulfuk.com/proddetail.asp?prod=HO271OMSS38CE

[video=youtube_share;AZTHZiyCt6Y]http://youtu.be/AZTHZiyCt6Y[/video]
Tony

Last edited:
I'm not an exhaust guy, but I can't stop contemplating putting one on the NC... it sounds like there's such a good noise in there.

I think I'm going to go with the Beowulf from the UK like Tony. He posted a discount code good for 10% off (BEOSHOW), on top of 15% off through January puts it at £187.50 or $295 USD delivered to my door.

I'm waiting on their US distributor to email me back to see if I can get it cheaper through them before I pull the trigger...

Leo Vince is available for around $320, more of a brushed look if that's what you're after.

Both come with removable baffles that I plan on leaving in, I just want a little more of that v-twin like grumble that's in the NC...

trey

I'm not an exhaust guy, but I can't stop contemplating putting one on the NC... it sounds like there's such a good noise in there.

I think I'm going to go with the Beowulf from the UK like Tony. He posted a discount code good for 10% off (BEOSHOW), on top of 15% off through January puts it at £187.50 or $295 USD delivered to my door.

I'm waiting on their US distributor to email me back to see if I can get it cheaper through them before I pull the trigger...

Leo Vince is available for around $320, more of a brushed look if that's what you're after.

Both come with removable baffles that I plan on leaving in, I just want a little more of that v-twin like grumble that's in the NC...

trey

Good choice Trey, it is a top bit of kit and very well made and you will really dig the sound :)

Good choice Trey, it is a top bit of kit and very well made and you will really dig the sound :)

Oh yeah, that's something I forgot. It much be top notch, because Beowulf backs it with a lifetime warranty. Can't beat that!

Thanks for that coupon code on the 'other' site Tony!

trey

No logo on my Beowulf. I asked for no logo when I ordered it.
Tony
How did you do that? Did you email them first, or maybe call? I might get one if I can be sure they'll leave the logo off.

How did you do that? Did you email them first, or maybe call? I might get one if I can be sure they'll leave the logo off.

Yep sent em an email. Address email to Carol. Even if they did leave it on Carol says you can still remove the sticker by warming it up with a hair dryer and then it peels off easy

Tony

Oh yeah, that's something I forgot. It much be top notch, because Beowulf backs it with a lifetime warranty. Can't beat that!

Thanks for that coupon code on the 'other' site Tony!

trey

Trey I think you can only use one coupon at a time so you wont get it for the price you worked out

Tony

Trey I think you can only use one coupon at a time so you wont get it for the price you worked out

I went all the way to the very end of the ordering process and it seemed to work. I emailed Beowulf and they told me the 15% off sale is automatically taken off, without a coupon code. I guess the regular price is £200? 15% off makes them £170 which is what they're listed for right now (both prices with VAT, which I obviously won't have to pay). Does that sound right? Is the normal price £200?

Anyway, I was able to add the coupon code and get another 10% off. I'll find out early next week for sure... No word from the US distributor yet, if I can't get a hold of them Monday, I'll just order from Beowulf directly.

trey

I went all the way to the very end of the ordering process and it seemed to work. I emailed Beowulf and they told me the 15% off sale is automatically taken off, without a coupon code. I guess the regular price is £200? 15% off makes them £170 which is what they're listed for right now (both prices with VAT, which I obviously won't have to pay). Does that sound right? Is the normal price £200?

Anyway, I was able to add the coupon code and get another 10% off. I'll find out early next week for sure... No word from the US distributor yet, if I can't get a hold of them Monday, I'll just order from Beowulf directly.

trey
Cool hope you get it so cheap :)

There is a clip on YouTube of a black deep tone from Leo vince.i didnt see any logos.sounds great.

There is a clip on YouTube of a black deep tone from Leo vince.i didnt see any logos.sounds great.

This is true I have had a Leo Vince before. They send their cans with a stick on emblem to be installed by said customer. I opted out on mine, the emblem is kind of shitty.

NC700X  90% 002.jpg My Leo Vince came with a logo on, did not mind it so left it on. Love the sound, tried with DB buster out and it sounded good, but baffle in is what I like most.

Can you take the logo off the LeoVince? I like the look and the price. The logo... not so much.

Does it come up higher than the OEM exhaust? That could interfere with sidecases in a bad way.

Can you take the logo off the LeoVince? I like the look and the price. The logo... not so much.

Does it come up higher than the OEM exhaust? That could interfere with sidecases in a bad way.

No problem with clearance, sticker could be peeled off by the look of it. .

Back