• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MX Front Fender NC700X???

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everybody! I've been doing some thinking (Probably shouldn't be doing that lol) and got to wondering if a front fender off of a CRF would fit on an NC? Either take an aftermarket motard fender, a full size bike fender from like a 250 or 450, or maybe even a smaller fender from like a CRF100 and fitting it up to the NC as to run a "high" or "tall" front fender instead of that tire hugger on the front. I've seen people put them on AT's, Strom's, KTM's, and even CB500X's and have success with them. The only reason I wonder about this is because, 1, I will be putting on either a 120/90 or 130/80 and (even though I have my fender already raised two inches and the tire would fit) would like to get that front fender off that tire and, 2, I figure nobody has tried it and figured that I'll either find out if somebody has done it, successfully or not, or if nobody has tried it and would like to pitch in their input. I will be running a fork brace, radiator guard, and two inch fork extenders if and/or when I go with the MX fender. My goal is not to make the NC an offroad machine, just to give it a little attitude or "farkle it up" as I hear it called. Yes, I do offroad my NC (sometimes too hard) however spend roughly 3/4 of my time on-road so, in my eyes, the tall fender is a slight functional upgrade when it comes to catching some extra dirt and mud but as well as a noticeable aesthetic upgrade by giving the NC a more aggressive off-road look. That's just my two cents on the matter though, I'd love to hear any feedback, comments, interest, questions, advice, etc., whatever you have to say about this thread and till next time, safe travels friends.

Wouldn't a high mounted front fender end up blocking about a third of the radiator's frontal area? OTOH, if it wasn't in front of the radiator, the radiator would be totally unprotected.

Last edited:
Yeah 670cc I thought about that too. I reckon you have a really good point there. I considered getting a front fender off a NC700X that somebody has crashed, or find an extra one for cheap, and cutting it to do one of those deals where the back half of the front tire is covered but the front half isn't and run one of those motard style ones that aren't that long and only stick out of the front. I may even leave the stock one on and try to mount a small high fender on as well, giving that it doesn't look ridiculous. I'll just have to see.

I like most of the ideas mentioned here.
However, would not run a high mount fender that sticks out beyond the stock nose because I don't feel it has any real functional value.
If you want to do it for looks then why not.
Try it out. If it sucks, remove it.

On the other hand I will be running a 120/90 front tire and need to make room under the front fender.
My intentions are to cut up my stock fender or make one from another fender that mounts down low on the back side of the front tire.
This,obviously will leave the front and top sides of the tire exposed.
It would be cut such that, in combination with my skidplate, it keeps splash and debris from hitting the radiator and engine.

After that I would like to run another section of fender or just a piece of plastic mounted up high that just covers the opening in the bottom side of the nose.

In theory, this would keep any crud from flying up into the bottom side of the nose section.

Just for conversations sake, I will likely also be running a low mount fender on the rear as well coupled with a rubber splash guard down by the shock to eliminate and junk from hitting the shock.

There was mention of adding unsprung weight in another fender thread.
I sincerely doubt anyone would notice any adverse affects of adding what little weight a low mount fender might add to unsprung weight.

I'm a big fan of doing what you want.
If it looks stupid, take it off and no one will know.
If it sucks, admit that it failed, take it off and do something else.
If it works for you but someone doesn't like it, then they don't have to ride your bike.
It really is a pretty simple philosophy.

Last edited:
I will be putting on either a 120/90 or 130/80 and (even though I have my fender already raised two inches and the tire would fit) would like to get that front fender off that tire

I will be running a fork brace, radiator guard, and two inch fork extenders if and/or when I go with the MX fender.
I would also like putting on fork extensions and a 120/90 or 130/80 up front, so this thread interests me. What has been stopping me is that I already have mounted a fork brace which doesn't allow me to do the raised (OEM) fender modification. I found the fork brace steadied the front end with my Moto-Mule trailer attached. I'm thinking a new fender may need to be fabricated ($$$) so I'll watch your progress.

BTW, have you measured to determine if the larger tires would fit with the fork brace mounted? With the larger and heavier tire, along with the lost stiffness from removing/relocating the OEM fender, the fork brace will probably be mandatory.

IMG_5990.JPG

Ray

Last edited:
I'm hoping those tires fit with the fork brace mounted. My backup plan of hoping Rally-Raid would soon be offering a 19" wheel/fork kit has been shot down.

RE: Level 3 Adventure Kit Honda 19" Wheel/Fork Kits
"Ray, we have been testing the CB500X parts on the NC, however, we will not be doing wheel kits for the bike. Shocks, racks etc, but not the wheel kit."

Ray

Last edited:
Hey Ray, I realise it's been a minute since anyone has been on here but to answer your question from April, Yes I know a guy on AdvRider who runs a 120/90 TKC 80 with a fork brace and no fender. You may have already heard this but just in case.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yes I know a guy on AdvRider who runs a 120/90 TKC 80 with a fork brace and no fender.
I'm not aware of a 120/90 TKC 80 with an OEM or aftermarket fork brace working OK, but I'm aware of member vwhammer's work. He's having to fabricate a new fork brace to fit with enough clearance for the 120/90 Vee Rubber VRM-163 tire because the OEM or aftermarket fork braces don't have enough clearance.

You got a link for the TKC 80 guy?

Ray

I'll get a link but I know his name on AdvRider is Glesage if you look it up before I get a chance to get the link

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Back